+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3:10 to Yuma

3:10 to Yuma

Synopsis:
    A rancher struggles to support his ranch and family during a long drought. Desperately needing money to build a well, he takes an assignment to transport a notorious felon, in the hands of authorities, to Yuma for imprisonment. But, once the two meet, the criminal tries to tempt him with--in exchange for allowing him to escape--an offer of much more money than the rancher ever expected, the result of a hidden loot.

Re: 3:10 to Yuma

I watched this on Tuesday. For a western, it was well-done. But it was SO slow with very little dialogue. By the end, I just didn't care too much for the characters or what happened to them.

Premium Member

Re: 3:10 to Yuma

I saw this last weekend at the insistence of my husband. It was boring for me because I don't care for westerns with a lot of gunfighting so I found myself turning away a lot and wondering when it would be over. I thought Russell Crowe (Ben Wade) was fairly likeable - but his gang was one of the more cold-blooded groups of outlaws that I've seen in a long time. Ben Foster (Charlie) did an awesome job of portraying a cold-hearted outlaw who didn't care who he killed. There were some funny one-liners throughout the show, but there were people in the audience who seemed to think it was a comedy so the laughter was a little over the top at times.

I liked Christian Bale (Dan Evans, the rancher) a lot, and I was surprised that the old Pinkerton guy turned out to be Peter Fonda, but the biggest surprise for me was Logan Lerman as Dan's oldest son William. If anybody remembers the show Jack and Bobby a couple of years ago - this is the kid who played Bobby. He has grown into quite a good looking young man and it was a really pleasant surprise to see him again. The only other person I recognized was Luke Wilson, who was on very briefly.

Another interesting thing I read just yesterday on one of the entertainment blogs was that this movie could be taken for a gay romance with the love triangle being between Ben, Charlie and Dan. Suppposedly Charlie would stop at nothing to liberate Ben from the custody of Dan because he was jealous. In all honesty, in thinking back, I didn't see that at all.

If you like westerns or are a fan of Russell Crowe or Christian Bale, then I would say it's worth seeing.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 09-14-2007 at 04:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread