+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stardust

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Stardust

A young man named Tristan (Charlie Cox) tries to win the heart of Victoria (Sienna Miller), the beautiful but cold object of his desire, by going on a quest to retrieve a fallen star. His journey takes him to a mysterious and forbidden land beyond the walls of his village. On his odyssey, Tristan finds the star, which has transformed into a striking girl named Yvaine (Claire Danes). However, Tristan is not the only one seeking the star. Lord Stormhold's (Peter O'Toole) three living sons not to mention the ghosts of their four dead brothers all need the star as they vie for the throne. Tristan must also overcome the evil witch, Lamia (Michelle Pfeiffer), who needs the star to make her young again. As Tristan battles to survive these threats, encountering a pirate named Captain Shakespeare (Robert De Niro) and a shady trader named Ferdy the Fence (Ricky Gervais) along the way, his quest changes. He must now win the heart of the star for himself as he discovers the meaning of true love
    Stardust (2007)
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Re: Stardust

Saw this today. It was okay, a little funny, a little boring. Probably more of a renter than going to the theatre even though it got a 2 thumbs up review. My favourite part was the ghosts of the Princes hanging around and commenting on parts of the action. They were cute.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

This was probably my favourite Gaiman book, so I'm sort of anxious to see it, but my 8-year-old is fascinated with the commercials - I don't know that she's old enough to see it. Bubba-Jo, would you take a child to it? She handles the Pirates of the Caribbean movies no problem, and they have a PG rating as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

oh yeah, if a kid can see pirates, they can see this movie

i thought this movie was pretty cute....its no princess bride, but it has some pretty cool special effects

It's my favorite Gaiman book too, and this has gotten good reviews, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

There might be some scary parts for a 8 year old - ie the witch but she'd probably enjoy it. I've never read the book so I had nothing to compare it to. Forgot to add that Ricky Gervais was good in his cameo.

I absolutely loved this movie. I wish they had casted someone other than Claire Danes, but other than that it was highly enjoyable. Automatic add to my DVD collection.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2547792;
    This was probably my favourite Gaiman book, so I'm sort of anxious to see it...
    Me, too! I could have sworn the one commercial I saw for it had Gwyneth Paltrow in it (whom I HATE) but now I'm wondering if maybe it was Claire Danes (whom I LOVE). I look forward to seeing this and will put it on my list.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I've really enjoyed what Gaiman I've read . . . I'll definitely have to check this out.

Gaiman AND Claire Danes? Now, this I must see!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast