+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And the Oscar goes to...

She does have two kids, Paulie, but she said something like, "My daughter is here with me tonight..." I guess her son was with Mr. Cruise...

Yes, I know what she said. But a parent would not want the other kid to feel left out in her thoughts, I don't think. I don't know. I was just trying to imagine what would cause such a violent reaction to the music, and that's what I came up with.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I saw her mother mouthing "Your father" and pointing to him. Maybe Nicole was trying to mention him, since he did come out too.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Was Tom Cruise there?

If he was, that is SWEET!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I didn't see him there, Miss F. I just imagined that one of the children was with Nicole and the other was with Tom (wherever he was)...

I thinks spegs means that Nicole's mom was reminding Nicole of Nicole's dad.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Originally posted by Paulie
    My favorite laugh-out-loud moment was when we got a look at Renee Zellweger as they announced the nominees for Best Actress. She REALLY looked ordinary, even homely, compared to everybody that had just gone before her. And her face was shriveled into this weirdly belligerent grimace. What a churl!
    Ya I noticed that too, but then realized I had never seen Zellweger without that belligerent grimace on her face.

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    I am so happy Nicole won! She is such a talented actress!

I am so relieved that Lord of the Rings won for sound editing and visual effects. I thought lotr was going to go home empty-handed...but they didn't, so that made me really happy. I was still rooting for lotr for best pic..even though I was positive that Chicago would win. :rolleyes (anyone realize there was like no one from lotr there because they thought chicago would get everything? All i saw was Sean Astin!) but The Return of the King will hopefully win best pic next year!

Anyway....What do you all think of Michael Moore's anti-war/bush speech? I thought that was wrong and he should have just kept his mouth shut.
    But, the entire crowd booed at him anyway!

I think the general reaction to Moore's speech was covered in the "He Said What?" thread in this forum.

I just wanted to add that Adrien Brody was the luckiest man in America for about, oh, 30 seconds there. That was some kiss he planted on Halle Berry, huh? Whew! *fan, fan*

Paulie...Did you see when Nicole Kidman walked up and kinda motioned to Denzel Washington as if to say, "Well, I guess I'm supposed to plant one on you..."? Too funny...

FWIW, according to something I read somewhere this morning, when asked about it in the press room after he walked offstage, Brody said that, yes, she "kissed back".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast