Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2556750;
    So was it as scary as the older ones?
    Yes & more so in some parts!

Re: Halloween 2007

Variety.com - 'Halloween' scares up $31 million

'Halloween' scares up $31 million
    'Fury' scores Rogue's best ever opening
    By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Delivering a perfect Hollywood ending to the summer, Dimension's R-rated "Halloween" scared up a record-breaking showing at the Labor Day box office, grossing an estimated $31 million from 3,472 runs.
    Rob Zombie's reimagined "Halloween," distributed by MGM, wasn't the only pic doing some blood-letting. Rogue Pictures scored its best ever opening with sports parody "Balls of Fury," which grossed an estimated $13.8 million from 3,052 runs over the four day holiday weekend.

Box office results prove that there is indeed an aud to be mined over Labor Day, particularly when it comes to genre films. Historically, the holiday isn't a big movie-going frame. The previous record-holder for best Labor Day opener was "Transporter 2," which grossed $20.1 million when bowing in 2005.

After "Halloween" and "Balls of Fury," the weekend's other wide opener was Hyde Park Entertainment and 20th Century Fox's revenge drama "Death Sentence." Kevin Bacon starrer grossed $5.2 million for the four days from 1,822 runs. Pic came in No. 8.

With "Halloween" taking the weekend crown and "Fury" coming in No. 3, Sony's holdover "Superbad" placed No. 2, grossing an estimated $15.6 million for the four days from 3,002 runs for a cume of $92.4 million in its third frame.

Universal's holdover "The Bourne Ultimatum" crossed the $200 million mark over the long weekend, grossing an estimated $13.2 from 3,290 playdates for a cume of $202.6 million in its fifth frame.

Taking the No. 5 spot was New Line's "Rush Hour 3," grossing $10.4 million from 3,008 runs for a cume of $122.2 million in its fourth frame.

My boyfriend and I, along with two of our friends went to go see this on Friday night and I have to say its really scary, but really good. They took time out to build up Michael as a little boy and everything. I enjoyed it.

I'd say it was a really long movie though, because it started at his childhood.

Rob Zombie's Halloween Hits DVD December 18!

Rob Zombie's Halloween Hits DVD December 18!

Man, Christmas sure isn't what it used to be.

In a story from Fangoria and Bloody-Disgusting, it seems that Rob Zombie's Halloween will be coming to DVD on December 18 from The Weinstein Company and Genius Entertainment.

Halloween will be released "in both the R-rated theatrical version and a widescreen director's cut running 11 minutes longer; the former will be presented in both widescreen and fullscreen, while the latter will be letterboxed only, and all will have Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks."

Synopsis:
    From acclaimed musician and filmmaker Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects) comes an entirely new take on the highly successful and terrifying Halloween legacy that began in 1978. While revealing a new chapter in the established Michael Myers saga, the film will surprise both classic and modern horror fans with a departure from prior films in the Halloween franchise. Audiences should brace themselves for unprecedented fear as Zombie turns back time to uncover the making of a pathologically disturbed, even cursed child, named Michael Myers.

The double-disc versions will contain the following features:
    - Audio commentary by writer/director Rob Zombie
    - 17 deleted scenes with optional Rob Zombie commentary
    - Alternate ending
    - Re-Imagining Halloween documentary
    - A Conversation With Rob Zombie featurette
    - Meet the Cast featurette
    - The Many Masks of Michael Myers featurette
    - Bloopers
    - Casting session footage
    - Laurie Strode screen test

The Halloween DVD will run consumers $29.95.

FORT Newbie

i haven't watched this yet, but i've heard that this
    movie is nice..

FORT Newbie

I haven't seen it yet either... but i think im going to rent it soon because i heard it was good..

Halloween came out on DVD yesterday. I'm looking forward to renting it Friday. This time I'll have someone to squeeze when I watch it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123