+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superbad

Re: Superbad

I thought this movie was an alright one. I thought that it was more of a guy movie then anything.

We saw it last night. It def. has some funny moments, but mostly, it's raunchy and vulgar. Can they stop talking about penises for one minute? Please? If I had known how dirty it was I would have waited for it on DVD.

I saw it 2nd day out.
    My whole family LOVED IT.
    I haven't laughed that hard in forever.
    Superbad>40 Year Old Virgin>Knocked Up

Love em all though!

I actually find Knocked Up to easily be the best out of the whole "Judd Apatow" trio. With Superbad and The 40 Year Old Virgin coming in a close second and third. All deliver non-stop laughs. That isn't the high point of the films though. Everyone of those movies have a great lesson and heart at the core of it and the filmmakers and writers of all them express it greatly through top notch comedy.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Woot!;2546461;
    We saw it last night. It def. has some funny moments, but mostly, it's raunchy and vulgar. Can they stop talking about penises for one minute? Please? If I had known how dirty it was I would have waited for it on DVD.
    exactly my thoughts!
    my boyfriend and i went to go see it, thinking it'd be a good laugh, but it ended up just being kind of awkward and uncomfortable.
    i dunno, maybe if i had just seen it with friends i would have liked it better..but i doubt it. that much vulgarity is NOT my thing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My SO and I saw it last night... definitely some laugh out loud moments, but also some good lessons (e.g., it's not ethical to take advantage of someone who's drunk, even if you are...in fact, it's not even legal) somewhat subtlely presented. A wonderful lesson on how weirdly we feel about menstrual blood vs. all other blood. Definitely raunchy though...if I were a teenage boy who wasn't constantly in a state of sexual frustration and socially embarassing erections I'd be wondering what was wrong with my "equipment" by the end of this show. Oh, and a very funny set of sketches of penises in various settings/as various characters go with the credits. If you aren't into penises just look at it as how many different drawings can you make with the same basic shape.
    One quibble though...Evan and Fogel are definitely not my stereotypical image of Dartmouth "men" ... maybe a different college would have worked better.

I saw this with a girlfriend at a midnight showing in a decently crowded theater. The whole room was cracking up and that was the perfect atmosphere for this movie.

I love Michael Cera and he was great in his part, but the McLovin storyline really stole the show. The other characters' stories were entertaining but McLovin took it to another level.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I thought it was hilarious and I was half awake when i watched it .. i want it to hurry and come otu on dvd so i can give it my full attention when i watch it

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I saw it and I loved it. I cannot wait to get it on DVD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12