+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hairspray

Hairspray

This movie is just awesome! It's so hilarious, definitely a must see!

Everyone in the cast worked so well together and brought it together to form a movie that anyone could enjoy!

Re: Hairspray

Even Revolta?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I really liked the version from a few years back with Rikki Lake, Devine and Deborah Harry.
    It's still pretty high on my list of movies that don't need to be remade.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought Travolta did well. He made the role of Edna more feminine compared to past actors.

And it's not a remake. It's an adaptation of the multi-award winning broadway show which itself is an adaptation of the original 1988 movie.

Plus Ricki Lake, Jerry Stiller, and John Waters make brief but memorable cameos. John Waters especially....lol

"The Flasher!"

Gotta love John Waters. I really liked the movie. It was a nice break from all the action and adventure films this summer.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

CCL

I liked the original movie but I didn't hold it in such high esteem that I was against a remake. I thought the new Hairspray was pretty good. Nikki Blodsky (not sure if that's the right spelling) was good; she has a lovely voice and her sheer enthusiasm made up for the fact she is not that great a dancer. John Travolta was pretty good, though you are constantly aware/thinking of how that is him behind the makeup (at least I was). I thought Elijah Kelly as Seaweed was great, and Amanda Bynes was pretty cute, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I just thought it was a darling movie! We roared through it and the nods to the original movie were great! Our daughters loved it and we keep hearing snippets of good morning baltimore all day. They are begging to see it again!

Travolta was really great at his part and so was Queen Latifah she was so fun! Allison Janney was fun in her part as Penny's mom! Michelle Pheiffer wow she is a great witch!

I thought this was incredible! I never thought I would say it, but this blew the original out of the water! The first was such campy fun, but the new Hairspray felt like a movie musical should! Queen Latifah sounded amazing! And who knew James Marsden could sing?!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2501854;
    I thought this was incredible! I never thought I would say it, but this blew the original out of the water! The first was such campy fun, but the new Hairspray felt like a movie musical should! Queen Latifah sounded amazing! And who knew James Marsden could sing?!
    I sooooo agree... I did NOT want to see this movie and OH MY GOODNESS was I surprised. I highly recommend seeing this. I can't compare the original to this one cause I think they both were two movies on a different level. But wow, I was very impressed. Definetly buying this on DVD.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2511245;
    I sooooo agree... I did NOT want to see this movie and OH MY GOODNESS was I surprised. I highly recommend seeing this. I can't compare the original to this one cause I think they both were two movies on a different level. But wow, I was very impressed. Definetly buying this on DVD.
    I think that they did the right type of movie, which was stay loyal to the Broadway musical instead of the original movie. That way there were less comparisions between the two. I am definitely buying this also!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast