+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairspray

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Hairspray

, went with a male friend to the movies to see the Bourne flick, and somehow were sold tickets to Hairspray---which we didn't realize until we were two or three minutes into the film! First thinking that it was some kind of preview, then that they were showing a 1962 headline to set up some kind of Bourne backstory---but we both loved it. My friend wasn't even a dancer in high school or college, but still loved it. Never saw the original movie or stage play so can't compare, but we both lived through the era portrayed and felt the music was right on target in sounding like the different types of music we heard back then. Travolta's still got the moves, even though in all that latex he must have been sweating up a storm in the faster numbers, and Queen L. has a terrific voice. All the teen characters were great... really all the actors were great. Very, very enjoyable show...and very upbeat and happy making.

MRD

LOVED this movie. And I loved the original too, so loved the nods to the original. The entire audience just laughed out loud every time Travolta was in a scene. I thought he stole the show. He was great. Christopher Walken was good too. But then again, so was everyone. I have always thought Queen Latifah has had a great voice, but that solo she does makes gooseflesh.
    I have a good friend that looks exactly like the actress that played the main role. So during the entire film, all I could think of was my friend. (and she's short like that girl too).
    All in all, a great comedy/musical without taking away the campiness of the original. Would love to own it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ok Chris Walken sleeping in the store
    "It wasn't me!" the juvenille in me laughed myself silly. I know Zac is young enough to be my son but the boy is 'dreamy' when he winks at Tracey

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Oh I just saw this movie today and I absolutely loved it! I didn't think it would be as good as it was but I was pleasantly surprised.

I was surprised at how much I liked it. It was really great.

christopher walkin was almost the best part lol he was so nievely funny..but the whole movie was very good..cheesy, but you expected it to be.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12