+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bourne Ultimatum

Re: The Bourne Ultimatum

Easily the best of the series and the most well received by critics. A fun ride for a good two hours with a great supporting cast. The best "threequil" to come out this summer. It sucks that actors like Matt Damon and Daniel Craig who portray these great action characters don't get any recognition when award season comes around.

9/10
    Last edited by iv3rdawG; 08-18-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG;2533473;
    It sucks that actors like Matt Damon and Daniel Craig who portray these great action characters don't get any recognition when award season comes around.

9/10
    Here Here! ITA! Daniel Craig and Matt Damon were both superb in their respective roles, and they have become very bankable actors at the box office, especially Matt.

Money talks, so maybe they'll get some recognition this year.

I finally saw this, and I thought it was REALLY good. Very action-packed, and it stuck to the Bourne style throughout.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I really liked it as well. I'm a big fan of the books from way back. I was on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end and I think Matt Damon is an excellent Jason Bourne.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I finally saw this. Really enjoyed it, though there were some continuity problems (when Nikki was dying/cutting her hair, it was wet one moment, dry the next--wish mine would do that!). Because Matt is a little older and heavier than when the first one came out, some of the flashbacks looked weird (some were from the first movie; the ones that were shot now showed a much older/heavier Jason Bourne). I knew Scott Glenn was going to be an evil character since he almost always plays the bad guy... I also would've loved to have seen a flashbook showing Jason/Nikki's connection--were they lovers once upon a time? I'm guessing that'll surface in the next film...Also, Marie's brother. What was that all about? And did we even know about this brother? The only brother I knew she had was the one from the first movie--the one with two kids...

Anyhow, even with my complaints I enjoyed it! I would go see the 4th one if they make another one (and my instinct tells me with all the money this film raked in, there will be at least one more sequel!).

I don't know how there could be a "next film" now that the organization seems to be completely shut down and Jason now has his entire memory back and will now be known as...CRAP! What was his real name again??
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

David Webb

MRD

I hope there is not another film. Ludlum died and Eric Von Lustbader has written 2 more Bourne books which are terrible, and I can't imagine a good movie out of either of them.

And to me, each movie was good, but the last 2 were not AS good as the first. And to me, I would not have liked to see a Nikki/Jason thing as part of what he was doing was not only trying to find the truth, but avenging Marie who he loved.

I too hated the shakey camera. My eyes could not keep readjusting the focus.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123