+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite line/scenes in a movie?

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    Cool Hand Luke

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    From the best movie of all times -- "The Breakfast Club"

"Dork, you are a parent's wet dream."

"You know how you said your parents use you to get back at each other? Wouldn't I be outstanding in that capacity?"

"Who did your mom marry, Mr. Rogers?"
    "No, Mr. Johnson."

"Why do you have a fake ID?" "So I can vote!"

" Well according to Brian here in addition to the number of girls in the Niagra Falls area; currently you and he are riding the hobby horse."

"What if your family, what if your home...what if your dope was on fire?" Bender: "Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

What's that? Sushi. Sushi? Rice, raw fish and...seaweed. You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth and you are gonna eat that?

"Ah, Richard, I mean Dick, will drinks be made available to us??"

"Excuse me, Carl. How does one become a janitor?...'cause Andrew here was looking to pursue a career in the Custodial Arts."

"If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy"

"So academic's clubs are different from other kinds of clubs." "What do you guys do in your club?" "Well, in Physics we talk about physics, and properties of physics." "So it's sort of social-demented and sad, but social."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    Monty Python - In Search of the Holy Grail

"I fart in your general direction"

"It's only a flesh wound"

FORT Fogey
    One of my fave scenes:

Aliens (1986)
    Near the end of the movie. Ripley has just been through hell (again) and can leave the planet but...dammit! Newt is down in the sub-levels. She has to get her. Ripley climbs into the elevator and (masterfully played by Weaver) rides it down and I've yet to see sheer terror on someone's face that matches it. Then, as she reaches the lowest of levels, right before the elevator doors open, Ripley looks down, then looks up...and it's not Ripley anymore. It's determination, will and an inhuman drive incarnate.

Of course immediately after this, it goes downhill instantly and can't touch Alien. Prior to this, the film as a whole is bad also except for Hudson's (a young Bill Paxton) great one-liners, e.g. "In case you haven't been paying attention to current events, we just got our asses kicked, pal."

FORT Fogey
    "I will see you again... but not yet. Not yet!" - Gladiator

From When Harry Met Sally...the deli scene when Sally "proves" it's easy to fake it. Plus Harry's speech at the end, when he says (and I don't recall exactly) but when you realise who you want to spend the rest of your life with you want to start that right now. Plus the men and women can't be friends talk....oh heck, I like the whole movie.

Raiders of the Lost Ark..."Snakes, it had to be snakes."

While you were sleeping.....it's a little scene but for some reason I like it...When Bill Pullman does the "he was leaning" speech with Sandra Bullock.

High Fidelity...When John Cusack is doing the "Am I depressed because I listen to pop music or do I listen to pop music because I'm depressed" speech.

Bull Durham...Kevin's speech about the small of a woman's back etc etc etc....love it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Knight fighting scene at the bridge, best one I have seen in years

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Originally posted by raindance
    The part where Julia Roberts told Hugh Grant 'I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her'
    I loved that part too.

But I'm obsessed with the line Meg Ryan said in You've Got Mail.
    "What about you? Is there someone else?"

"No. But there is the dream of someone else."
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

"Bring out the Gimp." Zed, Pulp Fiction

"Hold up your badge, so they'll know you're a policeman." - Dudley Smith, L.A. Confidential

"But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?" - Tommy DeVito, GoodFellas

KAY: You know how naive you sound?
    MICHAEL: Why?
    KAY: Senators and presidents don't have men killed...
    MICHAEL: Oh -- who's being naÔve, Kay?
    - Michael and Kay Corleone, The Godfather

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning... even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there." - Leonard Shelby, Memento

"Nobody knows anybody. Not that well." - Tom Reagan, Miller's Crossing

"In case you haven't been paying attention to current events, we just got our asses kicked, pal!" - Hudson, Aliens

"Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have." - William Muny, Unforgiven

"Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?" - Vic Deakins, Broken Arrow

LEIA: I love you!
    HAN: I know.
    - Han Solo and Princess Leia, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

In Twelve Angry Men when Lee J Cobb tells Henry Fonda he's going to kill him and Henry says "You don't really mean you're going to kill me do you?"

You kind of have to see the movie to know what I'm talking about, but Cobb has just perfectly illustrated a point Fonda was trying to make.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast