+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite line/scenes in a movie?

Opening the Ark of the Covenant...and the final scene of that movie, too. "Top...men."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

The man of my dreams is almost faded now. The one that I have created in my mind. The sort of man each woman dreams of in the most secret and deepest part of her heart. I could almost see him now, before me. What would I say to him if he were really here? Forgive me. I've never known this feeling. I've lived without it all my life. Is it any wonder that I fail to recognize? You brought it to me for the first time. Is there any way I can tell you how my life has changed? Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me? There's so much to say…and I can't find the words…except for these… I love you. That is what I would say to him…if he were really here.

Somewhere in Time 1980
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Great movie, Feif!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

*The parking garage scene in Dogma with Ben & Matt
    He has infinite f--g patience with them

*Dogma again, the Mooby Meeting Massacre scene

*When William reunites with his father in A Knight's Tale

*Shawshank Redemption is down right quotable, but one of my favourite scenes is when they play classical music throughout the prison
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

"That John Denver is full of $h|t" - Dumb & Dumber after they took the wrong turn ...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

"Leave the gun, take the cannollis" Godfather.

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    I like the Elvis scene in "Love Stinks" Anyone else think that was funny? lol

And I like the scene in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when the old lady smacks the guy around w/ her purse when he's in front of the window...lol!

Oh, and I love the scene on "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" of the battle at Helm's Deep...that was awesome.

Hazyshadeof you got one of mine right off, I'll second the boombox scene in Say Anything. Heck I was just thinking about that tonight wondering if guys thought it was as romantic as most girls I know do.

One of my other favorites is from She's Having a Baby when Kevin Bacon is sitting in the waiting room while his wife is in delivery and Kate Bush's "This Woman's Work" is playing in the background.

Both of these are also tops on my list for "the perfect match"....the perfect song at the perfect moment in a film.

"My bottom was 184 days ago when my little girl watched me wash down aspirin with vodka, and then I hit her. And she was alone with me when I passed out. And she thought I was dead. In all my life, I will never know what that did to her.
    But, I know I have to forgive myself for that.
    And I have to forgive myself for what I've done to my husband. It's horrifying how much you can hate yourself for being low and weak, and he couldn't save me, so I turned it on him...I told him he made me fell small and worthless, but nobody makes us feel that way. We do that for ourselves.
    I shut him out because I knew that if he ever saw who I really was inside, he wouldn't love me...And he's gone now, he's moved away. And it was so hard not to beg him to stay.
    And I don't know if I'm gonna get a second chance, but I have to believe I deserve one.... Because we all do."

Meg Ryan in "When a Man Loves a Woman"
    (at her 6 month sobreity speech)

You're not the boss of me ollie's Avatar
    Shawshank Redemption

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

Wizard of Oz

"If I only had a brain"
    Last edited by ollie; 03-21-2003 at 08:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast