+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Transformers

Link

Remember the mid-'80s cartoon show about two dueling groups of robots the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons with the power to transform into cars, jets, helicopters, motorcycles and such? Well, they're coming to the big screen in this live-action adaptation.

Cast Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Rachel Taylor, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac (more)

Director(s) Michael Bay
    Release Date July 2, 2007

MPAA Rating PG-13

Official Site: Transformers

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    My 14 year old son and I went to the showing last night. The theater was packed!

I remember my brother watching these cartoons when he was younger so I was vaguely familiar with some of it but I was blown away by the graphics this movie had! My son is all about great graphics in movies and he was constantly talking about how awesome they were!

Shia LaBeouf is on his way to being a big star one day! We've loved him since his Nickelodeon days so we've always been a big fan of his! He's hilarious in this movie! That's one thing I was surprised about....there was quite a bit of humor in this movie! Bernie Mac is in the movie for a short bit at the beginning and he was funny, as usual!

There's lots of battles and blowing up of stuff (Los Angeles...don't know how they'll recuperate from the battle! ).

I'd love to go back and see it again....

I'd give this movie 2

**One tidbit of info that I found out...the original voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, was brought back to do the voice in the movie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Transformers

Insane movie. You can totally tell that it's Michael Bay. But for a summer blockbuster action film, thats just the right thing. Just a whole lot of fun, Shia did a great job and just sitting there watching the movie I was thinking to myself, "Man how did they make this?" props to ILM for these amazing effects. 8.5/10
    Renee: You can think Im mean, you can think Im rude, but thats my opinion, and Im going to voice it.

My son and grandson just got back from seeing this and they loved it!. My son is 27 and watched the cartoon on TV when he was little. He was just blown away by this movie. He said it was far better than ANY of the Spiderman, Batman or Fantastic 4 movies.

Wow I can't wait too see this and from what you guys are saying, it sounds great.

this movie was FAN-FRIGGIN-TASTIC!!!

Many thumbs up! Shia Labeouf carried it awesomely. I used to feel really maternal toward that little guy, but he's all growed up now and has that nerdy funny sexy thing going on. The effects were spankin. The music was spot on. I honestly can't remember the last time I was so pumped during a movie... I just got home. It's midnight, and honestly if I could go hit the gym right now I would... I'm going to need to wind down a bit before I can get some sleep now. Oh man, what a fun ride
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Went and saw it yesterday and the theatre was packed. Its a bit long at about 2 hours and 20 minutes plus the commercials and the trailers. TNT was plugging some of it's shows. I try not to drink any caffeine before I see a long show like this and not drink too much water during, but at 2 hours my bladder kicked in and I really needed to go. Overall I really liked this picture. There were a lot of little in jokes about young kids trying to date etc ..... Quite amusing. There is a long build up but at least the director is trying to tie in all the threads of the story. This was well done and interesting. You got to know the characters and you felt the story develop. I did have two pet peeves. I knew who Bumblebee was and could recognize his colors. I knew Optimus Prime and his colors. Megatron is supposed to be purple and that did not come across at all. All the other Autobots and Decepticons were metalic in color and it was very hard to differenciate who was who. Also during the last several battle scenes, it was very hard to tell who was doing what to whom, especially when Optimus Prime and Megatron fought together. Some of the battle scenes between them were so fast and chaotic it was just a big mess. I have to admit at least in the cartoon you knew who the characters were, could recognize them and follow the action. I have the same complaint with Spidey 3, the opening battle scenes between him and Gargolye Jr are so fast the 5 minutes of the movie are a big blur. I am not paying 10 plus dollars to see a big blur. I find this highly annoying and sincerely hope this high speed bluring of fight scenes does not continue. At least when I went to see The 300 I saw and was enfolded into the battle scenes. Still it was a fun movie and boy did they set it up for a sequel. But I am OK with just the one. It would be fun to rent the animated movie that came what in the 80's. I have the soundtrack and really enjoyed listening to it. All in all, a fun movie. I can see it being the summer blockbuster to beat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone who saw this movie remember if you heard a song by the Goo Goo Dolls called 'Before It's Too Late'? It was called 'Sam and Micaela's Theme'...

The Goos are my favorite band, and I'm just wondering how much of the song they played during the movie.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

I agree with Bear's assessment of the battle scenes. It was very hard to tell what was going on. I also think the final battle scene was a little too long, but overall a good, entertaining movie.
    I never watched the cartoon, so I didn't know all the names & colors, although I did know the two leaders were Optimus Prime & Megatron, b/c my little brothers used to watch the show & had the toys, & I remembered those 2 for some reason.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Oh i saw it and i liked it. I just found out shia was the guy from disney's even stevens haha. So yeah cool as movie.

My boyfriend, myself, my friend, and her boyfriend all went to go see it at the drive in and we loved it! I believe that Shia LaBeouf, have came along way. He has done an amazing job in this movie. The robot cars were darn awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast