+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Re: Transformers

Well some of it was confusing, like I couldn't tell which autobot Megatron killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2481375;
    Well some of it was confusing, like I couldn't tell which autobot Megatron killed.
    I think it was Jazz, but yeah that last battle scene was confusing. Now some purists may say that battles are confusing, but this is a movie with a plot and characters we have invested time and money in and we (the audience) need to be able to follow the story else the director has failed in his job. In this case the director needs a big ol' F for this scene because he fails to do his job.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, but other than that the movie was great.

Probably the worst movie I've seen in years at the theater. I usually save my big bucks for the screens that will do them justice, but this one just wasted my time. There were actually people in our theater walking out during the final scene. The special effects carry the first 1/4 (at most), and that gets old, but plot, script and direction were just too cliche and pathetic. My eyes were rolling through most of it and I'm shocked it's done this well. I want my money and time back.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

This movie was atrocious. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about it whatsoever. Save your money!

This movie was atrocious
    Was it really???

I thought it had the same formula in every summer blockbuster....Alot of action, hot girls and a bad humor. I was impressed with the CGI and the direction but by the end of the film -- I felt nausea.

I would say it was a ok.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by John;2486858;
    This movie was atrocious.
    It was, really.

While it did have some excellent CGI--some of the best I've seen--the dialogue was hilariously terrible and the characters were walking cliches.

EXAMPLE:

Yeah, I guess it's great that they attempted to give the robots some diversity, but I really cringed when Jazz strolled in and gloriously proclaimed, in all his street-wise glory, "This looks like a good place to kick it!" I halfway expected him to start playing rap music and breakdancing right after that.

ETA: Oh! My favorite moment was when the robots were coming down from space, creating fire and explosions everywhere as they landed, and the fat kid with his camera phone exclaimed, "Wow, this is better than ARMAGEDDON!" That, indeed, was the quintessential moment of Transformers.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-25-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Yeah, but even the "action scenes" were awful. You couldn't tell what was happening. I think the director was of the opinion that if you just blow up everything, everyone will think it's cool.

That "kick it" line was the one that had me groaning. I half expected them to introduce a redneck robot whose line would be "git 'r done!"

Cliche much?

Oh, yeah, I could have sworn that Megatron was blown up twelve times over in the last action sequence, because EVERYTHING LOOKED THE SAME.

Okay, I just consulted imdb about this movie (it got an 8.0 out of 10!?!?!?), and I found another good line, spoken by the inexplicable British computer government woman's African-American friend:

"My grandma don't like nobody on her carpet, especially police!"

That, and Jazz's exact line was, "What's crackin', little bitches? This looks like a cool place to kick it!"

That's it. I'm just going to come out and say it. This movie was racist.

Yeah I really liked this movie though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast