+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Transformers

  1. #11
    Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Age
    42
    Posts
    753

    Re: Transformers

    Went to see it yesterday. Totally lived up to my expectations. I loved it. I think I might go see it again today.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

  2. #12
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: Transformers

    I have seen it and I'm planning to watch again and also planning to buy DVD so that i can watch it over and over again...LOL!

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Transformers

    I finally seen this movie, and I thought it was just amazing!

  4. #14
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,696

    Re: Transformers

    Hubby dragged me to it along with our son. I didn't think I would like it, I'm more of a chick flick girl. But it was VERY good, loved it.

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Transformers

    Yeah I think it was the best movie I've seen in a while.

  6. #16
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Transformers

    Heh. Its Science Fiction, 'cause Shia LaBeouf gets a girl who looks like Megan Fox. Who totally fits her name.

    A few things which annoy me about MOST Michael Bay movies were present. #1 - for the most part, bad acting. I mean the guy from "Las Vegas"? Come. On. The Hispanic guy from Prison Break? Bernie Mac? Heck... even Jon Voight? This ain't talent, its a Bargain Basement list.

    Secondly, as with most of the Bay movies, there are really stupid jokes forked into places where they just annoy. Sticking the "More than meets the eye" line in so many times? The crap where the Autobots are "sneaking around" so the kid doesn't get in trouble with his parents. The POINTLESS silly comedy vibe when the hot scientist girl goes to her ghetto hacker friend? Shia getting "pantsed" while running away? All that crap with the weasel faced Section 7 agent and the loads of bad acting and dialogue that came from him?

    I mean SOME of it worked, like the stuff with the radio changing when Shia first drives the girl around, but that was like... one joke out of several dozen.

    Also, I'm sorry, but Optimus Prime's cliche ridden inspirational speeches kind of made me laugh too.

    The Transformations themselves are amazing though, and overall the battle scenes are good, although I agree that last one was a mess where you totally couldn't follow it. The "neat factor" of having a battle inside a city was over-ridden by how much harder it made to keep your eyes on each good guy and bad guy and really tell them apart.

    Also, this has to be what they call a "comic book universe" if they can have a battle where ten or twenty thousand people probably got killed, and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage were caused, but all they have to do is "hide" the enemy robots under the deepest darkest sea so people will "forget" about it. That IS what was implied by that ending narration.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Transformers

    Well I actually thought the cast was pretty good.

  8. #18
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Transformers

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2477771;
    Secondly, as with most of the Bay movies, there are really stupid jokes forked into places where they just annoy. Sticking the "More than meets the eye" line in so many times? The crap where the Autobots are "sneaking around" so the kid doesn't get in trouble with his parents. The POINTLESS silly comedy vibe when the hot scientist girl goes to her ghetto hacker friend? Shia getting "pantsed" while running away? All that crap with the weasel faced Section 7 agent and the loads of bad acting and dialogue that came from him?

    Also, I'm sorry, but Optimus Prime's cliche ridden inspirational speeches kind of made me laugh too.
    But...but.... those parts were EXACTLY like the tv show. Cheesy little goofball things with good ol' Optimus Prime speeches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    The Transformations themselves are amazing though, and overall the battle scenes are good, although I agree that last one was a mess where you totally couldn't follow it. The "neat factor" of having a battle inside a city was over-ridden by how much harder it made to keep your eyes on each good guy and bad guy and really tell them apart.
    I agree completely. I sat there watching that mess wondering who was what and had absolutely no clue who to root for. So instead I just sat back and watched the graphics. I didn't like that fight scene at all.

    But I loved the movie and had great fun.

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey Johnsonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Grayson
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Transformers

    I actually thought the movie had really good fight scenes.

  10. #20
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,235

    Re: Transformers

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2480276;
    I actually thought the movie had really good fight scenes.
    The majority of the fight scenes were good but the last major fight scene was a big disappointment as in most of it you could not tell who was who and what kind of action it was. It was a big mess.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.