+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evan Almighty

Evan Almighty

Just came back from a private screening of this movie and it was hilarious! I was in stitches the whole time. If you liked Bruce Almighty, you will definitely like this one! In Evan Almighty, Morgan Freeman returns as God and Steve Carrell returns as Evan Baxter. Evan (who is now a congressman) is asked by God to build an ark and slowly Evan starts turning into Noah. There are some really great on-liners and such stars as John Goodman, Wanda Sykes and Molly Shannon are seen. This is a wonderfully funny movie for the whole family. Definitely a Must-See. Get ready for some side-splittling laughter because that's what you will get through the whole film. Also starring in the movie is Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) playing Evan's wife, and Jimmy Bennett (Daddy Day Care-[He played Flash/Tony]) as Evan's youngest son.
    Now, once you've seen it, you may have questions about some of the little biblical hints they throw at you. Such as the phone number of the invoice for the lumber says 1-800-Go4wood. Gopher wood is said to be the kind of wood that was used to build the original ark in the bible. So there you go. That's all I'm giving you. Go see it. You'll love it!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Evan Almighty

I can't wait to see this movie...hopefully I'll be able to see it this weekend!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

We just saw it! Very cute! I don't know how a bird pooping on someone can be funny more than once but it was! Also the beginning of his building was funny too. He is great at physical humor!

Great family flick. Loved it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

We saw this last night. Great movie. The first time IMO that the sequel was as good as the original.

When a 40+ years, a 18 years, and a 8 year olds can laugh that hard at the same movie you know it's good.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

I don't know if it will be as good because the first one had Jim Carrey.

CCL

^ Steve Carell is a great actor, too. The reviews haven't been that great but I thought it was quite enjoyable.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Our group consisted of a 60 year old, 54 year old, 40 year old and a 14 year old and we ALL laughed hysterically throughout the movie!

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and loved catching all the hints and references to the bible etc (Morgan Freeman's name tag at the diner "Al Mighty", movie marquee that said "40 year old Virgin Mary", etc.....)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2457444;
    Our group consisted of a 60 year old, 54 year old, 40 year old and a 14 year old and we ALL laughed hysterically throughout the movie!

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and loved catching all the hints and references to the bible etc (Morgan Freeman's name tag at the diner "Al Mighty", movie marquee that said "40 year old Virgin Mary", etc.....)

Did you get the name of the real estate agent? ( Eve Adams)
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

I think this is one of those movies that won't have necessarily brought in immediate box office money, but will over the course of the summer. There's a few movies that fit that bill this summer.

I just think like with Evan Almighty, there are far too many great movies being released right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast