+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evan Almighty

Re: Evan Almighty

I thought this movie was adorable, but I would have loved to see a little bit more reference to Bruce Almighty. I was excited to see the Susan Ortega character at the beginning, though!

Steve Carell is a comedy genius IMO, and I loved his role in Bruce Almighty so I knew I would love this flick. My 19 yo boyfriend and I were laughing the whole time, and I loved the way they made this movie acceptable for kids, and adults at the same time.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Other references were Gen 6:14 shown throughout the movie like the clock, the address of the house that said 614 something or other (Don't remember the street name) the invoice saying 1-800-Go-4-wood (Gopher wood being the kind of wood Noah used to build the ark), etc... The only part I didn't like (I had to cover my eyes) is the spiders crawling on Evan's face in the car. I'm absolutely terrified of spiders so I hated that part! One of my favorite lines in the movie is Wanda Sykes saying "What you mean it don't work? What you shooting up, Rogaine??"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

^^ That part creeped me out too, nilesgirl. I was also scared at the swarm of birds which was seen a few times in the movie. I can't stand large amounts of birds [I don't know why, just a pet peeve] so I had to cringe when that part came on.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

I watched this movie last week, and I was impressed. My cousins and I just decided to go to the movies, but we couldn't decide on a movie to watch. I guess we weren't really in the mood to watch any of the movies, but we just decided to watch Evan Almighty. And it was a good thing we did.

Let's see, what can I remember. I think the time where I laughed the hardest was when Wanda Sykes and the two other guys were standing in front of the ark, and the two guys thought all of them should get on the boat. Wanda said something like, "Are you crazy? There's no way I'll get on that ark!" Then the flood was coming, and Wanda pushed them out of the way, shouting "Ladies first!"

Quote Originally Posted by RealityDiva View Post
    I was also scared at the swarm of birds which was seen a few times in the movie. I can't stand large amounts of birds [I don't know why, just a pet peeve] so I had to cringe when that part came on.
    Did you see Hitchcock's The Birds at an impressionable age? I'm trying to decide between this or Ratatoullie to take my Little Sister to tomorrow. She's 10. Anyone want to comment?
    Count your blessings!

Yes, Crossingguard. And me being such a huge fan of this movie, I actually remember the line perfectly. They wanted to get on the ark and Wanda's character says "I'm wet, I'm tired and I'm going home." Then the flood comes and Wanda pushes them out of the way and says "LADIES FIRST!" She had some really awesome one-liners in this movie. "Were you bitten by a werewolf?"
    And Guttmutter, I didn't see The Birds at an impressionable age but I did see it and thanks to that movie, to this day, I hate hate HATE seagulls!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I went to see this with my 13 year old niece and we both loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2458080;
    Did you see Hitchcock's The Birds at an impressionable age? I'm trying to decide between this or Ratatoullie to take my Little Sister to tomorrow. She's 10. Anyone want to comment?
    I've never watched The Birds, but isn't it a horror movie? I'd take her to see Ratatouille (I personally loved it).

My boyfriend I went to watch this late night for our 10 month anniversary and we thought it was good but not that good. It didn't keep you laughing like we thought that it would. I thought Knocked Up was 100 times better then this movie.

She really wanted to see this and in spite of getting a little restless in the middle, she really enjoyed it. She loves animals and there were some great animal shots. The dancing during the credits was hysterical. I'm not a huge Steve Carrel fan, but at one stage of his beard growth, he looked amazingly handsome to me.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast