+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Fanny Mare, had you read the book first? And if you did, did you enjoy the book? I was thinking about reading the book before seeing the film.
    No, I didn't read it ECM. My girlfriend had, but she had the same opinion that I did about the movie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What Films Did You Watch Today?

The Woman in Black. Not bad but not great. My kids were hiding their eyes though.

Also watched a bit of Running Man - too tired to see it to the end, but I've watched it many times. Totally forgot Richard Dawson was in it and he's one of the best things about it!

Say what you will about Schwarzneggar, but he made some great action films in his day. This one & Total Recall are my favorites.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

What Films Did You Watch Today?

I saw Lincoln with my Dad today in a packed theatre. Daniel Day Lewis was fantastic, and the rest of the cast was also excellent. The whole theatre burst into spontaneous applause at the end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Saw Life of Pi yesterday. The 3-D version. Definitely not for small children.

We both really liked it as we were watching it. As I have more time to think about it, the ending (that I don't want to spoil) has left me feeling a little uneasy. If the movie hadn't been so engrossing I don't think that would have been my reaction.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I rewatched Heavenly Creatures tonight; I hadn't seen it in probably 12 years in whole, but it's one of my favorites. It still holds up as the best Peter Jackson movie ever.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I rewatched Heavenly Creatures tonight; I hadn't seen it in probably 12 years in whole, but it's one of my favorites. It still holds up as the best Peter Jackson movie ever.
    Oh gosh, yes, I adore that movie and probably watch it at least once a year. Fascinating case, good film and the imagination of these two girls he was able to convey on film is outstanding.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

My son brought home a dvd from the library of a 2008 Australian film, The Boxer and the Bombshell. Although it's a much more violent film than I usually like, I chose to watch this one because it starred Hugo Weaving and Rose Byrne. Weaving is one the those actors whose name in a film will be enough for me to try it. What I hadn't known before is that he has an excellent singing voice. That was enough to make me glad I watched.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

These are the movies I watched in the last 24 hours.

The Natural
    Bull Durham
    Field of Dreams
    Trouble with the Curve

Paul Newman, Kevin Costner and Clint Eastwood. First time out of 100 I did not cry during The Natural, I was very proud of myself LOL. Not sure why the baseball theme...maybe I am craving Spring.
    Florimel likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Billy Madison

Also, today I was introduced to the greatest movie ever made, called The Room.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We went to see "Hitchcock." We gave it a 7.5 out of 10. As a fan, it kills me to say that Anthony Hopkins' make-up and imitation of Hitch's mannerisms bordered on caricature. Helen Mirren, on the other hand, flat-out stole every scene she was in.

If you're going to see it, I'd recommend watching "Psycho" first, since "Hitchcock" is based on what it took for him to make "Psycho."
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread