+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 152 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Silent House - nice 'n' creepy for the most part but I was displeased with the ending...also, there was a couple parts that I didn't quite get.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Why did "Sophia" look completely different from Sara, if they were supposed to be the same person? I get her seeing ghosts of herself as a child, but a same-age version of her that looks physically opposite didn't make sense. Also, I'm not sure I buy this tiny girl dragging two grown men up and down stairs, no matter how crazy/pissed she is.

Last weekend we went to see Flight, which I found to be a pleasant surprise. (I still say my favourite Denzil Washington movie is Training Day, though.) Thought John Goodman was predictable but funny, but I really liked Don Cheadle's understated role as Washington's attorney.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

What Films Did You Watch Today?

Just saw Flight and was impressed with the cast as a whole. The plane scenes made me nauseous.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

We saw LINCOLN (by Speilberg) on Thanksgiving evening and it was amazing! DDL as Lincoln is fabulous! I recommend this movie to everyone!

(Not the Vampire movie).
    KAREN

Red Dawn - the 2012 remake. It was laughable. Tom Cruises son Connor needs to stop acting NOW. The plot is so silly but it kept my attention and very action packed so can't complain too much. Have to say I barely recognized Josh from the Nickeloden show Drake and Josh that was on years ago. He lost a TON of weight. Everyone was very sweaty in the movie and since I don't like to sweat, it really bothered me. lol.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

We saw Cloud Atlas : What piece of pretentious, overblown, self-important twaddle. It was awful. It has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Very, very confusing and oh so BORING!!!!! Oh, and long. 2 3/4 hours of my life that I could have been doing something useful with.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    We saw LINCOLN (by Speilberg) on Thanksgiving evening and it was amazing! DDL as Lincoln is fabulous! I recommend this movie to everyone!

(Not the Vampire movie).
    DDL is always fabulous! I can't wait to see it. And I saw the vampire one... blech!
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Moneyball on cable Friday night. I know it's been gone from the theaters a long while but we almost never go to the movies. It was on very late at night and kept both hubby and I awake and riveted the entire time. I enjoyed it immensely.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Fanny Mare, had you read the book first? And if you did, did you enjoy the book? I was thinking about reading the book before seeing the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We saw Cloud Atlas : What piece of pretentious, overblown, self-important twaddle. It was awful. It has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Very, very confusing and oh so BORING!!!!! Oh, and long. 2 3/4 hours of my life that I could have been doing something useful with.
    the reviews seem to be leaning just that way. Think I'll skip it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Cockneys vs. Zombies. I am so very, very tired of the loud proclamations of how brilliant British comedy is. It really is no better than any other nation's efforts, and this particular piece of "brilliance" couldn't keep me engaged any longer than ten minutes before I was alternately cyber surfing and counting stitches in the sweater I'm knitting.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread