+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

TCM has had some of my favorite old movies on lately, and I watched two of them this week.

1) A Majority of One based on the stage play. It starred the amazing Rosalind Russell (the first Auntie Mame) and Alec Guinness.

2) Father of the Bride, the original version with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor. It was great fun to see Russ Tamblyn at age 16 playing Taylor's younger brother. He was a couple of years younger than his daughter, Amber, was in Joan of Arcadia.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

TCM had Hammer horror night yesterday. It was GREAT. I got to watch Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Gorgon, Plague of the Zombie and The Devil's Bride.
    I got to watch Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein and the Mummy. I fell asleep right before the Gorgon and slept through The Devil's Bride. I woke up in time to watch Plague of the Zombies. I'm a HUGE fan of Hammer studios.
    redsox girl likes this.
    One of my few concessions to the macabre...

Quote Originally Posted by mixologist View Post
    TCM had Hammer horror night yesterday. It was GREAT. I got to watch Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Gorgon, Plague of the Zombie and The Devil's Bride.
    I got to watch Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein and the Mummy. I fell asleep right before the Gorgon and slept through The Devil's Bride. I woke up in time to watch Plague of the Zombies. I'm a HUGE fan of Hammer studios.
    I saw that after I got home from work (worked til 9). I love The Gorgon! I couldn't stay up though as I was so tired.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Larry Crowne on HBO with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Late night last night...watched the midnight airing of While You Were Sleeping for the gazillionth time! I really have lost count of how many times I have seen it... more than 50, that's for sure! Love, love, love that movie!
    SpringMaiden27 and KatesMom like this.

Paranormal Activity 4 - There is no more steam left in this franchise. A couple scares but found myself laughing out loud several times at how stupid this was.

Alex Cross - Tyler Perry takes over for Morgan Freeman as the title character Alex Cross. It was ok. The bad guy in it is Matthew Fox from Party of Five and Lost fame, WOW he is a hardcore villian. I have never seen him play this type of character, but he killed it. Very creepy and crazy.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

What Films Did You Watch Today?

Was down sick as a dog with the flu yesterday, so turned to AMC - Child's Play, Motel Hell, Pumpkinhead, and a couple Friday the 13ths, can't recall which ones - not that it matters.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We saw Alex Cross. Tyler Perry was DEFINITELY better suited for the role than Morgan Freeman, but it was so predictable and parts of it were past believable. And it was a lot like watching a 2-hour-long GMC commercial. Talk about an over-abundance of product placement!

Rosemarys Baby , The Exorcist and The Undertakers and His Pals (dont ask -it was so awful it was great).
    mixologist likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey

Yes, Alex Cross was a love letter to Detroit! The movie was good, and I loved seeing Ed Burns too. Tyler and Matthew played well off each other. Glad to see Carmen Ejogo in another major film.

+ Reply to Thread