+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

The Avengers! Loved it! Though I do have a soft spot for Robert Downey Jr.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Looper. Scifi, morality, timelines: I was mesmerized the entire two hours. Joseph Gordon Levitt is very, very good.

I watched Labyrinth for the first time since I watched it in the theater. It's as magical now (maybe even more so) that it was then. Being Jim Henson's birthday not too long ago, this was a a real treat.

Before that, we watched Suspiria. It's a fantastic movie in every sense of the word. More dark fairy tale than horror, but with a score by prog-rock group Goblin and some very atmospheric/creepy cinematography, it's still one of THE best of it's kind. Argento was really at the top of his game.
    livin4reality likes this.
    One of my few concessions to the macabre...

Looper - I am not a big sci-fi fan but really enjoyed this movie. Joseph Gordon Levitt, wow I can't believe he's the kid from the tv show 3rd Rock from the Sun... He has turned into an incredible actor. They way he mirrors Bruce Willis in this film as the younger version of him was fantastic.

End of Watch I was surprised how funny this movie was but it was pretty violent. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peņa are Los Angeles Police Department officers who work in South Central Los Angeles. It's filmed as if it was a documentary because the actors are filming themselves 95% of the time. Very action filled but really nice moments of human qualities that get you really into the characters lives. Some pretty emotional moments as well. Really enjoyed this as well.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Last night we watched The Trouble with The Curve, with Clint Eastwood. Good movie!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Taken 2 - The first one was better. All done.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Taken 2 - The first one was better. All done.
    We saw Taken 2 also. Did you catch some of the GLARING plot holes?

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you enter "US Embassy" in a taxi GPS in Istanbul, wouldn't it have expected you to enter the term in TURKISH? And if the daughter didn't have her driver's license, how did she get so darned good at driving a stick shift through the streets of Istanbul?

Also: Hubby and I have a bet. I think in Taken 3 or Taken 4, it will turn out that Kim's boyfriend - Jamie - is one of the remaining living sons of the old Turkish guy who was trying to have Liam Neeson's character killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We saw Taken 2 also. Did you catch some of the GLARING plot holes?

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you enter "US Embassy" in a taxi GPS in Istanbul, wouldn't it have expected you to enter the term in TURKISH? And if the daughter didn't have her driver's license, how did she get so darned good at driving a stick shift through the streets of Istanbul?

Also: Hubby and I have a bet. I think in Taken 3 or Taken 4, it will turn out that Kim's boyfriend - Jamie - is one of the remaining living sons of the old Turkish guy who was trying to have Liam Neeson's character killed.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    OMG I said the same thing about the boyfriend to my husband. I bet he is one of the old guy son's.
    AZChristian likes this.

Pitch Perfect - We loved it. It was funny, in the way of Bridesmaids, a little raunchy. A mix of Glee and Bring It On. This movie is a fun night out. The 'Fat Amy' character had us cracking up.
    JavaJo likes this.

Hotel Transylvania - A couple funny parts but purely for kids. But if being honest, wait for it on DVD. I got "tired butt" within 20 minutes...

+ Reply to Thread