+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close yesterday. HBO had a free preview this weekend. I'm sure that this movie has been discussed in previous post.
    Oh my... it was great! Sad, yes but well worth the tears. The first time I watched it, I skipped forward until the end. (It is hard for me to watch movies like this). Anyway, after I understood the content, I watched it again from the beginning. For anyone that has not seen it, it is about a young boy who after his dad dies on 9/11 in the World Trade Center, finds a key that he thinks his dad has hidden for one of their expeditions. He goes on a search through New York city to find what the key opens. It is about his family's emotional healing and the people that he encounters along the way. I thought the entire cast did an exceptional job.

The Girl Who Played With Fire - I'm annoyed with myself because one of our movie channels had The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest on this week and I didn't PVR it because I got the second and third titles mixed up. So now I will have to wait patiently till it's back on again. I know what happens because I read the books but I wanted to watch the films closer together. Americans, you have no idea how lucky you are to have a decent Netflix. Our Canadian Netflix is horrible - I have no idea why it's so lacking for choice but I'm not giving them one cent until they expand their catalogue.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

One of our local theaters is playing "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the BIG screen. It's the Cine Capri in Phoenix. I've seen the movie many, many times over the years, but there was something really special about seeing it on one of the largest screens in the area. :-)

We just saw "Problem with the Curve." If you like Clint Eastwood (I do) and/or baseball (DH does), you can't miss with this one. Predictable, but a lovely story nonetheless. We gave it an 8 out of 10.

Saw two. Grave Encounters, which is a POV first-person style horror flick, and actually pretty decent. Then I also saw Cabin in the Woods for a second time with some other folks. It was even worse on the second viewing. Honestly, that movie is so heinously bad, I cannot even begin to talk about how much it sucked.

Just watched for the 5th time "The Vow" (the thought of the accident... having your love losing their memory and not knowing you... its heart breaking... but watching the struggles/road back is addicting) and I watched "The Hangover Two" Soooo funny! Some parts tears were pouring out.

Not really a film, but my husband & I are having a Sons of Anarchy marathon - I've seen the first & second season, but he hadn't seen any, so we started from season 1 and we plan to get caught right up to date. I absolutely love this show (hence my av) and it is killing me to stay out of the show thread because I don't want to be spoiled for season 3&4, and season 5 so far.

I was very saddened to hear about "Half-Sack". Hard to reconcile it with his SOA character.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Exporting Raymond - A documentary about the creator of the tv show, Everybody Loves Raymond and the struggles of him trying to bring the show over to Russia. It was quite funny because of all the culture and language differences. There was a lot of conflict and misunderstandings in the beginning that created a very funny journey for the creator of the tv show. Highly recommend.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Exporting Raymond - A documentary about the creator of the tv show, Everybody Loves Raymond and the struggles of him trying to bring the show over to Russia. It was quite funny because of all the culture and language differences. There was a lot of conflict and misunderstandings in the beginning that created a very funny journey for the creator of the tv show. Highly recommend.
    What a coincidence, I just got this from Netflix today! Nice to hear a good review before I watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Saw two. Grave Encounters, which is a POV first-person style horror flick, and actually pretty decent. Then I also saw Cabin in the Woods for a second time with some other folks. It was even worse on the second viewing. Honestly, that movie is so heinously bad, I cannot even begin to talk about how much it sucked.
    This must be a love-it-or-hate-it movie because my son and I watched it earlier this week and loved it!!!

We went to see "The Words" with Bradley Cooper today. I hate it when you come out of the theater and you're still unsure of what one of the major plot points was.

+ Reply to Thread