+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 167 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    uh Bearcata - you are clearly forgetting the masterpiece which awaits this upcoming weekend - Magic Mike! I don't even care if there's a plot.

Also- Moonrise Kingdom looks to have potential.

For those of you who saw Brave - would you say it's appropriate for a young child (4)? I want to take my daughter but some other comments I've read said it was scary.
    Well, I am going to see Magic Mike.

As for a 4 yr old seeing Brave. I think an 8 yr old would have no problems. A 4 yr old it depends. I know when we were kids and saw the animated Snow White, I was about 5 and had no problems but my 3 yr old brother had nightmares when the Queen turned into the Old Hag. I guess it depends on how mature your kid it. There is an opening scene where the bear attacks the father during a family picnic and later in the tower that would be the scariest for a little kid. Has your daughter seen the trailer? If she is OK with that, then that might be how you measure her reaction.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    I am draggin my husband to see Magic Mike. Cannot WAIT... I also could care less if there is a plot. Too many other things to distract me. hahaha.

In regards to Brave... There were a few scary scenes with a bear. I would be uncomfortable bringing a four year old there but that is me. I brought my 11 year old brother and he got freaked out. But then he loves to sing show tunes and wear purple feather boa's. So not sure.
    Why drag your husband, does he need a kick to get into shape or learn how to dance? Is it to torture him? As far as I am concerned it is a girls night out film and the best kind of chick flik

Thanks for the comments re: Brave. I will try the trailer and see how my daughter reacts. Currently she watches Snow White and does not get scared by the witch and the whale attack in Pinochio doesn't phase her. I don't know the ages of you all but I do know my parents took me to see Star Wars when I was 3 and that seems like it would be pretty scary for a small kid.

I would never take my DH to see Magic Mike. It's bad enough I can't even watch the trailers on TV without being reduced to silly giggles and open-mouthed gawking.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Years ago, I experienced the Magic Mike phenomenon! It was really fun, and I even got to know the guys. Very interesting! Might be fun to go to stir up some old memories!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I would never take my DH to see Magic Mike. It's bad enough I can't even watch the trailers on TV without being reduced to silly giggles and open-mouthed gawking.
    Guess my husband is lucky that I have no interest to see that movie whatsoever. Now if Johnny Depp were in it.... mmmm....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Why drag your husband, does he need a kick to get into shape or learn how to dance? Is it to torture him? As far as I am concerned it is a girls night out film and the best kind of chick flik
    Because I am subjected to his crap movies so he knows it's his turn. We laugh about it and he shakes his head. I am hoping he learns some dance moves from it. hahaha.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I'm not really a summer blockbuster fan anyway. "My" movies are in the fall, leading up to awards season.

Magic Mike is getting surprisingly good reviews. Soderbegh's at the helm, so I guess that's not surprising.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Because I am subjected to his crap movies so he knows it's his turn. We laugh about it and he shakes his head. I am hoping he learns some dance moves from it. hahaha.
    Ah...loving revenge with a twist.

I saw Magic Mike with the girls and oh my goodness it was so sexy and raunchy. The guys were hot. I am sure there was a plot somewhere but that is not where my mind was. Honestly they could have cut out all the parts that didn't involve dancing men and I would have been fine. That is a good idea to bring the husband along. I think he could learn something and he did make me see the underworld movies......

I saw Magic Mike and although the eye candy was great the movie was really really bad. The acting was terrible and the dancing was awkward and painful to watch. I didnt expect to much but the trailer showed so much potencial for a good movie and it just didnt happen.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread