+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 164 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I saw Brave today and loved it! My husband was less enthused about it than I was, he said it was "for girls" (Which kind of ticked me off, I hate it when people say crap like that.) But I thought it was a really really great story with fantastic music and characters. My pregnancy hormones really got the best of me though, I cried like baby for the last 15-20 minutes. lol

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm just back from Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Obviously the premise is totally fiction and they don't stay true to history except for the bare outlines, but it was a fun movie if you suspend disbelief, which I suppose one must if choosing to see it. My only complaint is that I saw it in 3D and the cinematography looked a little muddy and the 3D wasn't as crisp as I'd have liked. I have to find out if it was a conversion or shot in 3D. Anyway, I'd just seen Prometheus a couple of weeks back and, while that plot made no sense, the 3D there was beautiful and raised my expectations for 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I saw Brave today and loved it! My husband was less enthused about it than I was, he said it was "for girls" (Which kind of ticked me off, I hate it when people say crap like that.) But I thought it was a really really great story with fantastic music and characters. My pregnancy hormones really got the best of me though, I cried like baby for the last 15-20 minutes. lol
    I saw this as well and loved it. I thought it was a wonderful story about a mother and daughter relationship. But even beyond that a great family movie. Visuals were stunning. It was a lot funnier then I expected as well.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Thumbs up for Brave.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Saw Man on a Ledge through Comcast's On Demand feature. It was OK, but I am glad I waited to see it at home.

Underworld: Awakening.

Quite fun. Always good to see Selene shoot em up. Reminded me a bit of 28 days or the Resident Evil movies. The corporation sure seemed like the Umbrella Corporation.

Is anyone kinda disappointed in this summer's crop of movies? First there was The Hunger Games and them it seemed there was nothing for a couple of week until Avengers, than is was again waiting a couple of weeks and then Snow White and the Huntsman which is definitely not on par with either of the two previous movies and I really have no interest in seeing a reboot of Spiderman and more Dark Knight so what is there to see in this vast wasteland.

so what is there to see in this vast wasteland.
    uh Bearcata - you are clearly forgetting the masterpiece which awaits this upcoming weekend - Magic Mike! I don't even care if there's a plot.

Also- Moonrise Kingdom looks to have potential.

For those of you who saw Brave - would you say it's appropriate for a young child (4)? I want to take my daughter but some other comments I've read said it was scary.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Mia - I think it depends on the child. My daughter is 4 as well, and based on the previews alone, I know she won't be able to handle it. She just recently saw Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent scared the bejeezus out of her!

I finally saw the Avengers this weekend. I don't have one bad thing to say about it. It was a very enjoyable 2.5 hours. What I loved is that while it was an ensemble movie, they made to develop each character's story and part in the movie. It was funny and action packed. And man, looking at the cast - how bad can any movie be when you get to stare at Chris Helmsworth, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Jeremy Renner?!! I even loved Mark Ruffalo! Two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    uh Bearcata - you are clearly forgetting the masterpiece which awaits this upcoming weekend - Magic Mike! I don't even care if there's a plot.

Also- Moonrise Kingdom looks to have potential.

For those of you who saw Brave - would you say it's appropriate for a young child (4)? I want to take my daughter but some other comments I've read said it was scary.
    I am draggin my husband to see Magic Mike. Cannot WAIT... I also could care less if there is a plot. Too many other things to distract me. hahaha.

In regards to Brave... There were a few scary scenes with a bear. I would be uncomfortable bringing a four year old there but that is me. I brought my 11 year old brother and he got freaked out. But then he loves to sing show tunes and wear purple feather boa's. So not sure.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread