+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Contagion - It didn't really live up to the all-star cast. The acting was good, but it was a bit slow. The parallel stories of the outbreak and what was going on with the family of Matt Damon's character struck me as a bit odd. And I found myself getting hung up on specifics of the character that weren't explained. For example, Matt Damon's daughter showed up like she had been away, but where was she at before this? At first I thought she just looked young and was out on her own, but she was still in high school. And if she didn't live with him, how did she have a connection with a local boy? And also, when Lawrence Fishburne's character called the woman I thought she was his daughter initially, but that was all off as well. It was just annoying trying to figure out who some of these people were and how they were supposed to fit into the big picture.
    I agree, it really seemed to drag out. I had the same thoughts on the daughter. She must have lived in the house and was out?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    What's Your Number? - Anna Farris and Chris Evans. It was cute. Couple laugh out loud parts but pretty predictable. Best thing about movie was Chris Evans multiple semi-nude scenes. Usually I don't care. But yummy is all I can say.
    I watched this one last night, not expecting much, but really enjoyed it! I like Anna Faris a lot, but didn't really have an opinion about Chris Evans either way. Boy, he sure is pretty! I thought they had really good chemistry. Romantic comedies are generally pretty predictable, but I'm happy to go along if the ride is fun. Anna was terrific, but Chris Evans was the real surprise. I've seen him in quite a few movies and this is the first one where I found him genuinely charming....I don't think that had to do with his lack of clothing
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What else, but the Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    What else, but the Bodyguard.
    I've never seen it, but my interest is piqued now. I think I'll see if I can find it in my movie rental store.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've never seen it, but my interest is piqued now. I think I'll see if I can find it in my movie rental store.
    I liked it. Haven't seen it in years.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

No disrespect to Whitney, but I hated that movie. For all her incredible vocal talent, she was a wooden actress and had no chemistry with Costner (who's phoning it in with that role). Apparently, when the movie was first proposed, it was supposed to star Diana Ross and Steve McQueen. Now THAT would have been a great pairing!

I'm watching the latest Star Trek movie on FX right now. I was so resistant to it, but ended up loving it when I finally saw it on DVD. Can't wait for the sequel!
    chicagodiva likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I got my copy of Breaking Dawn last night and made my hubby sit through it with me tonight..lol. I've seen it, he had not. He's not a fan, but he humors me. My favorite part is the very last 30 seconds or so....when the camera is just on Bella..and then her eyes pop open. It's just startling. The hubs did say that whatever they did to make Bella look so sick was amazing work.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

They really did do a good job making Bella look haggard in Breaking Dawn. While I wouldn't call any of the Twilight movies great, they have definitely gotten much better since the first one (which was just awful, IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    They really did do a good job making Bella look haggard in Breaking Dawn. While I wouldn't call any of the Twilight movies great, they have definitely gotten much better since the first one (which was just awful, IMO).
    The first one was actually recommended to me as a really great movie. No, this wasn't a 15 year old girl. It was a woman in her late 40's. I agree with you, it was pretty bad. I was surprised they made a second one. Probably only because the books are so popular.
    I've seen them all except for Breaking Dawn & I agree, they have been getting consistently better.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Finally - Rise of the Planet of the Apes! Whew - edge of my seat. Questions, though, the apes that didn't receive the latest formula - particularly those from the zoo wouldn't know how to communicate. I guess they will be the soldiers that blindly follow Ceasar but the orangatang and others would be his council of advisers. I cried when the great ape died. One problem for Ceasar is that now the military will be after his settlers...would that there could be a sequel.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread