+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 154 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I always liked JGL from the time he was a kid on TV and knew he had great talent. It is refreshing to see a child actor who grows up without all the drama ala LL.
    I totally agree...saw him first on 3rd Rock from the Sun, and thought he was excellent then...and a cutie of course. Now he barely looks older I have to say, and his acting is still excellent. Thanks, Critical, for the info on the Golden Globe. Glad he got some recognition for 50/50.

I think, Eastcoastmom, judging by the previews, that The Grey is about some men stranded in some kind of Artic level snowy wilderness being chased by wolves. The previews look great. I think the title refers to one of the wolves, but I could be wrong.

We watched the prequel to "The Thing", "The Thing". Doesn't come close to the Carpenter movie. A bit overwrought and too many shots of the creature. For me the creepiness of the Carpenter movie was not seeing it, not knowing who was The Thing and then bam you saw it! And did you ever see it! And it wasn't overdone. It seems they showed the creature so many times, the suspense went out of it for me. It wasn't bad per say, there were shout outs to the Carpenter movie, just not the one I grew up watching.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw "The Woman in Black." It was a pretty good scary ghost movie. My problem is that I'm SUCH a Harry Potter fan that I kept seeing the HP twist on things. The train became the Hogwarts Express, the guy sitting opposite him was Aberforth Dumbledore . . . stuff like that. But I doubt most people would be as distracted by that as I was. (I saw Deathly Hallows 2 TEN times.) And Daniel Radcliffe really did a good job, IMO, in WiB.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 02-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just saw "The Woman in Black." It was a pretty good scary ghost movie. My problem is that I'm SUCH a Harry Potter fan that I kept seeing the HP twist on things. The train became the Hogwarts Express, the guy sitting opposite him was Aberforth Dumbledore . . . stuff like that. But I doubt most people would be as distracted by that as I was. (I saw Deathly Hallows 2 TEN times.) And Daniel Radcliffe really did a good job, IMO, in WiB.
    Thanks for your thoughts. My boyfriend and I have been wanting to see it but my sister said she heard it wasn't so great.

My girls and I are going to see it tomorrow ... I watch the previews and talk to Daniel at my tv "Use The Wand, Harry!"

I'm hoping it's good, I love a scary movie - without gory stuff.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. My boyfriend and I have been wanting to see it but my sister said she heard it wasn't so great.
    My son saw it yesterday and came home to tell us "it was really good". He wnts to read the book now. My horror book club that I lead (I work at a library) has it on the read list for May.

WE watched Contagion last night.... seemed long, and I didn't care for the trite ending.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Woman in Black got terrible reviews from our local paper. And it isn't that they hate DR--they've liked him on stage.

I saw Woman in Black on friday... I was really looking forward to this. It had some scary parts but it was just ok for me. I thought Daniel Radcliffe did a wonderful job acting, but the plot had some issues. I would wait until dvd.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I totally agree...saw him first on 3rd Rock from the Sun, and thought he was excellent then...and a cutie of course. Now he barely looks older I have to say, and his acting is still excellent. Thanks, Critical, for the info on the Golden Globe. Glad he got some recognition for 50/50.

I think, Eastcoastmom, judging by the previews, that The Grey is about some men stranded in some kind of Artic level snowy wilderness being chased by wolves. The previews look great. I think the title refers to one of the wolves, but I could be wrong.
    Oh, okay. Thanks, PWS.

Contagion - It didn't really live up to the all-star cast. The acting was good, but it was a bit slow. The parallel stories of the outbreak and what was going on with the family of Matt Damon's character struck me as a bit odd. And I found myself getting hung up on specifics of the character that weren't explained. For example, Matt Damon's daughter showed up like she had been away, but where was she at before this? At first I thought she just looked young and was out on her own, but she was still in high school. And if she didn't live with him, how did she have a connection with a local boy? And also, when Lawrence Fishburne's character called the woman I thought she was his daughter initially, but that was all off as well. It was just annoying trying to figure out who some of these people were and how they were supposed to fit into the big picture.

+ Reply to Thread