+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 164 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Drive - Ryan Gosling plays a "driver". I'm sure someone can explain that better then I can. but very different film that in my opinion was NOT predictable. No Hollywood ending for this flick. Some very gory scenes, but I thought it was very good. A lot of silent scenes with people staring off into distance, that was kinda odd but it makes sense later on.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    50/50 - Really well done. I don't generally like Seth Rogan, but he was tolerable in this role. It did an excellent job balancing poignant and funny. I think this could be very difficult to watch if you are currently or have recently dealt with cancer.

Sarah's Key - It was about what I expected. Well made, well acted, and very sad. I still felt like I was missing part of Sarah's story at the end, but maybe that was the point.
    I thought 50/50 was so good I even started a thread for it (below, quite a bit), but it was almost out of the theaters by the time I saw it, so not much feedback on it at the time. I'm surprised the star didn't get any recognition at the many award shows...I guess it would be classed as a comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I thought 50/50 was so good I even started a thread for it (below, quite a bit), but it was almost out of the theaters by the time I saw it, so not much feedback on it at the time. I'm surprised the star didn't get any recognition at the many award shows...I guess it would be classed as a comedy?
    I saw this in October and loved it! I kept telling people about how fabulous the movie was and that, even if they didn't like Seth Rogan, they should still see it. As I read in a review, it's the Seth Rogan movie for people who don't like Seth Rogan! Joseph Gordon Levitt did get a Golden Globe nomination this year, so that's something. I think he will get an Oscar in his career, just not yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw this in October and loved it! I kept telling people about how fabulous the movie was and that, even if they didn't like Seth Rogan, they should still see it. As I read in a review, it's the Seth Rogan movie for people who don't like Seth Rogan! Joseph Gordon Levitt did get a Golden Globe nomination this year, so that's something. I think he will get an Oscar in his career, just not yet.
    I always liked JGL from the time he was a kid on TV and knew he had great talent. It is refreshing to see a child actor who grows up without all the drama ala LL.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

We saw 'The Grey' last night at the movie theater. What an excellent movie it was!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I just finished watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and I'm wiped out. Great film of the Holocaust seen through the eyes of a boy and also his family.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I just finished watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and I'm wiped out. Great film of the Holocaust seen through the eyes of a boy and also his family.
    Saw this on cable a while back while channel surfing. I agree that it was excellent.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    We saw 'The Grey' last night at the movie theater. What an excellent movie it was!
    Which one is this, angelic? I really need to get out more. I haven't seen a single one of the Oscar nominated films for best picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Drive - Ryan Gosling plays a "driver". I'm sure someone can explain that better then I can. but very different film that in my opinion was NOT predictable. No Hollywood ending for this flick. Some very gory scenes, but I thought it was very good. A lot of silent scenes with people staring off into distance, that was kinda odd but it makes sense later on.
    I just watched this the other night and I loved it. I watched it twice. Once alone and once with my husband. The soundtrack is really good, too. I now have it on disc...lol

By driver, he stunt drives in movies and he drives the getaway car for robberies. He has rules and once his time limit is up, if they aren't out, he leaves. Anyhoo...I really liked it. It's dark and there really isn't a lot of dialog but it's not really needed. The facial expressions say so much. Plus, Ryan Gosling in a tight, grease stained white t-shirt....dear God....Yes please!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I just watched this the other night and I loved it. I watched it twice. Once alone and once with my husband. The soundtrack is really good, too. I now have it on disc...lol

By driver, he stunt drives in movies and he drives the getaway car for robberies. He has rules and once his time limit is up, if they aren't out, he leaves. Anyhoo...I really liked it. It's dark and there really isn't a lot of dialog but it's not really needed. The facial expressions say so much. Plus, Ryan Gosling in a tight, grease stained white t-shirt....dear God....Yes please!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. Such a good movie. I also got the soundtrack hahahaha. Ryan Gosling is wonderful to look at but even better then that is he can act. Such an underrated actor.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread