+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 155 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Conan the Barbarian (2010) - Not good. You know an action movie has gone too far when your teenage sons say there is too much blood! I finished watching it, but it was truly ridiculous. I think they must have had an entire department dedicated to making sure Jason Momoa's hair was kept appropriately wet through the entire film so that it would artfully stick to his face when he whirled with his sword. The only redeeming factor in this film was the eye candy that is Jason Momoa and a few nice special effects. The story was weak, the fight scenes were ridiculously over the top, and the characters were sadly underdeveloped.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Defending Your Life - Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. An oldie but goodie...if only the afterlife worked like that.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Fright Night (2011) - I am a sucker for a funny, campy, horror film! I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was an interesting turn for Colin Farrell and he did a very good job. My only complaint was that I thought the CGI effects on the vampires went a little too far at times - it just wasn't necessary. If you enjoy the genre, this is definitely one to check out.

Paranormal Activity - Yes, just the first one. I found it on Netflix streaming. It was definitely a tense movie. They did a pretty good job making it look like real footage, except every time something happened that woke them up in the night I couldn't figure out why they didn't immediately TURN ON THE LIGHTS! Isn't that what anyone does when woken up in the night!? It was driving me slightly crazy by the end of the movie!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I celebrated New Year's Eve by watching Deathly Hallows 2 (for the 10th time). This was my first chance to watch it WITH sub-titles, and it was nice to finally figure out what some of the mumbling was about. Loved the movie, but I kept wondering why the director didn't pick up on the fact that Ron and Seamus were hard to hear.

Oh . . . and I watched the last episode from Season 1 of Downton Abbey last night. Can't WAIT for 1/8 . . . Season 2 begins!!!! I have a major case of the hots for Brendan Coyle.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 01-02-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Oh . . . and I watched the last episode from Season 1 of Downton Abbey last night. Can't WAIT for 1/8 . . . Season 2 begins!!!! I have a major case of the hots for Brendan Coyle.
    I need to see if I can find that on my DVR yet so I can get my recording set up!

I watched 2012 - a great, fun disaster movie made in 2009. John Cusak was in it with Amanda Peet. Explosions, planes and a fast driving limo. Really kept my attention and watching it was fun. Also, they didn't touch NYC - an extra point for me. :-)
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I celebrated New Year's Eve by watching Deathly Hallows 2 (for the 10th time). This was my first chance to watch it WITH sub-titles, and it was nice to finally figure out what some of the mumbling was about. Loved the movie, but I kept wondering why the director didn't pick up on the fact that Ron and Seamus were hard to hear.
    Funny you should post this. I did the same thing, only I've only seen it once before. It got me wondering about some of the differences with the & other things in the books, but not the movie, so I got out Half Blood Prince & Deathly Hallows & skimmed both books & reread many parts. I probably spent 7-8 hours Sunday & Monday rereading. I'd almost forgotten just how addictive those books are.
    Wonderful movie.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Contagion- Creeped me out. Interesting take on how a flu like disease can spread and cause chaos.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We went to see "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy." I was looking forward to it because there are SO many actors from the Harry Potter movies in it. That's the best thing I can say for it, and they weren't even that interesting to watch. The movie was 128 minutes long, and I may have followed about 20 of those minutes. It was a fact-based story of a double agent in British Intelligence during the Cold War years. There were no red herrings, no clues as to who the double agent might have been, no action . . . nothing - just 128 minutes of dialogue and intense looking at each other. Our theater was fairly full, but probably 8-10 people got up and left after the first 30 minutes. I suspect they needed to go trim their toenails, or do something else more interesting than this movie was.

Very disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread