+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 152 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3198648;
    Watched Dr. Zhivago over 2 days. The movie is so good, but so sad. And for me doubly as my parents "song" was Lara's Theme: Somewhere my Love which plays during the entire movie.

But I hadn't seen it in years and years. The scenery is one of the starring things in the film. And it does give some insight into the Russian revolution. Good movie if you've never seen it. Long, sad, but good.
    That was my parents' first date! Dinner and a movie, and they saw Dr Zhivago. I think that song was my parents' song too...Aww!

Kinda funny, but Sound Of Music makes me sad. My dad used to sing that song, Edelweiss (sp?) to me when I was a little girl. When I hear that song, I cry.

Husband and I just watched Waitress. Saw the ending coming from 50 miles away, but still cute.
    I really liked her co-workers, and Nathon Fillion is kinda dreamy too
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Well, today I just finished watching It Happened One Night and I really liked it! I don't know what took me so long to finally watch it!

And yesterday, I watched Female Trouble by John Waters. I thought it was hilarious because of how outrageous it was! This, and Pink Flamingos, are probably the most offensive/outrageous movies I've seen, but I still enjoyed them very much! Especially for their shock value!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I liked it much more than other Apatow-produced movies. Count me in for a puppet musical of Dracula any day.

FORT Fogey

I went last night to see Lakeview Terrace. When I initially saw the trailers for it, I thought it looked like a really stupid thriller that was trying too hard. But I read a couple of rave reviews for it which got me to re-think my opinion. It was OUTSTANDING. One of those movies that respects the intelligence of the audience instead of having to draw out and illustrate everything with highlighters and pointers. It was brillantly written where you're given information that you use later, but it's not painfully obvious when you get it that you'll need it. It really got you thinking about race relations from multiple sides, without preaching to the audience. It's more of a conversation starter than a final word on the subject. Very well written, well acted movie worth seeing.

We saw Be Kind Rewind yesterday (DVD from the library). It didn't start to get funny until a ways into it. I was glad I was watching with hubby or I might have bailed on it before it got good.

MRD

I have been watching the Warner Brothers retrospective on PBS and now have a list of movies that I want to either see for the first time or rewatch again.
    I've been recording Paul Newman movies and started the Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean last night, but got sleepy and had to go to bed. Empire Falls is up next and then the Verdict.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Watched a dvd of "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" (love that Matthew McConaughey, and Kate Hudson is adorable) and "The Thomas Crown Affair". Have to watch some of my other bargain buys soon ... I found that I have 2 copies of 10 Days but can give one to my daughter-in-law. Maybe if I actually watch them soon after buying them, I'll remember what I've bought and not duplicate them!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Yesterday I watched Friday the 13th Part 6 and most of Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    Today, I'm in the middle of watching Billy Madison.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Watched another unopened "bargain buy" today - "Finding Neverland". Not what I expected at all, but enjoyed it.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread