+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 164 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

CCL

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    Leap Year -- cute, predictable, dragged out somewhat. I knew my husband would never want to watch this one with me, so when I found myself alone with a few hours to kill on Saturday, I watched it. I laughed out loud in a few places so it was worth it.
    Oh, I like Leap Year, no doubt influenced by my love of Ireland -such a beautiful country.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    50/50 - love it. This is cliche I know, but I laughed, I cried. In fact, I started weeping about halfway through and didn't stop until the end, even while I was laughing. And I know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to win at least one Oscar before he eventually retires.
    I saw this one yesterday and loved it too! I even told a friend of mine who hates Seth Rogan that she has to see it. I thought JGL was fantastic and ITA -he's definitely got a Oscar somewhere in his future. He was just SO good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hanna - I thought this would be my kind of movie, but I didn't really like it much. The acting was good, but it was missing something that I just can't quite put my finger on. It was very strange - lots of action, but I still ended up bored. I thought it was interesting how the connected the beginning and ending of the movie, but overall I don't think I will be recommending this one.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Beware "The Ides of March." You can stay home and watch the plot for free on the evening news. A bunch of politicos spending all their time talking about integrity, when none of them have any.

Bridesmaids - I went in with low expectations, and that made this movie pretty okay! I find Kristin Wigg annoying on SNL, and she was bearable in this movie. It had some laughs and some endearing moments. It definitely had some low-brow gross-out moments, but overall I thought it was worth watching. Especially if you are looking for a comedy that doesn't require much investment.

Scream 4 - Not bad. Definitely a step up from the last one. They did a good job mixing the old characters with the new and bringing the story back to the "rules" of scary movies. Courtney Cox looked a bit odd - like she has had some work done, but isn't see a little young for that!? I watched this with my teen son who has not seen any of the other movies in the franchise. I think I'm gonna have to go back and watch the first one with him now. I saw it on Netflix instant play so that might be a good to-do for Halloween weekend! This one was worth watching if you like a horror movie that doesn't take itself too seriously!

We went to see "Anonymous." Interesting concept, but we found it hard to follow because there was so much jumping back and forth in time - sometimes with different actors, sometimes the same actor with aging make-up, and Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson (real life mother and daughter) both playing Queen Elizabeth I. Interesting plot twist toward the end. But we did see some GREAT trailers for upcoming films.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We went to see "Anonymous." Interesting concept, but we found it hard to follow because there was so much jumping back and forth in time - sometimes with different actors, sometimes the same actor with aging make-up, and Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson (real life mother and daughter) both playing Queen Elizabeth I. Interesting plot twist toward the end. But we did see some GREAT trailers for upcoming films.
    I love how your review basically says "It was okay, but there are some REALLY GOOD ones coming up!!"

(POM Wonderful Presents) The Greatest Movie Ever Sold - I like Morgan Spurlock. This is his latest documentary that is all about product placement in films and how the whole process works. I found it very interesting. It really didn't start out with a "this is good" or "this is bad" viewpoint. It just went through the process and gave the viewer the information and left it up to the viewer to form their own opinion. The only part that made me uncomfortable was when they were talking about advertising with schools in Florida. These schools were cash strapped and were selling advertising rights basically wherever they could. On the one hand I understand the need for schools to have funding, on the other hand I might object to advertising being presented to my child on the school bus. Overall, this was a very good film. I recommend it for documentary watchers.

If getting a movie from Netflix and watching it at home counts, then I just watched "The Kennedy's" that The History Channel was going to show, but then changed its mind. It wasn't bad. Greg Kinnier (sp?) was very good as JFK and Katie Holmes wasn't too bad as Jackie. It was basically about how Joe Kennedy tried to steer his sons (Joe, Jr., JFK and Robert) to be presidents. It also went into all the problems with the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban missile crisis. It touched on Jackie's and his relationship and briefly on a few of his extra-marital relationships. The best actor was Barry Pepper, who played Bobby Kennedy. Even though Barry did not look like Bobbie particularly, he was very good in this role. He also was in Saving Private Ryan. Excellent actor!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    If getting a movie from Netflix and watching it at home counts...
    In this thread, any method of watching a movie counts - rental, movie theater, television, etc.

We went to see "Tower Heist" yesterday. Totally unbelievable plot, totally delightful movie.

+ Reply to Thread