+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 164 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I thought Insidious was also pretty good. It reminded me of the old horror movies from long ago... Didn't rely on gore, but very suspensful. I agree with you on your spoiler.

Paul - I love Simon Pegg, but I just could not get into this movie at all. There were some funny parts but it fell flat for me.

Priest - My fiance is obsessed with vampire movies, so we saw this and it had some pretty cool vampire death scenes but other then that I would pass on it. I can see why it bombed at the box office. Plot and acting left something to be desired.

Pretty in Pink - Seen it before but watched it again this weekend. Reminds me of growing up in the 80's. Such a wonderful film. Jon Cryer as Duckie singing Otis Redding = priceless.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

How Do You Know?, and only because of my deep love for Paul Rudd. Holy cow, what a tedious waste of a couple of hours. And Mr. Rattus and I stand by our assertion that Reese Witherspoon is just not capable of developing chemistry with any of her co-stars. At least not in anything I've ever seen her in.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I had mixed feelings on How Do You Know. At first, I didn't like it, because I was expecting something entirely different. Once I figured out what style of movie it was meant to be, I liked it. For the chemistry thing - this was one movie I think it was supposed to be that way. I noticed it too, but as a friend I saw it with pointed out, Reese's character was not supposed to connect with anyone. Being a person who had other people in her life, but wasn't really close to any of them was her character. So in this case, I think that lack of chemistry was intentional.

Arthur - Russell Brand remake of the 1981 film. I was quite young when the original was made, but I had a general idea about the story line. I don't like Russell Brand, and this movie didn't really change my opinion. However, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't great, but it was okay - Helen Mirren was wonderful and Jennifer Garner did a good job as well. I actually even laughed a couple of times! I didn't think it needed to be so long, it felt like that story could have been told in less than 1 hr and 50 minutes.

Fort Member

Went and saw Beginners last night at the cinema, I know it was released in June in most places in the world but here in Singapore if its not an action film they will wait to see if its popular elsewhere before they release it here as we only have a small population and it takes a large amount of them to see a movie for it to make a profit, hence movies like this take a while getting to the screen
    Great movie highly recommend it
    Ewan McGregor and Arthur the Jack Russell are just brilliant together

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I watched Country Strong on Showtime last week, then I re-watched it 4 times with my husband. We both love it.

It's an odd movie. The story is more like a made-for-TV movie, but the acting and the characters are outstanding. Not to mention the soundtrack. It strikes me as funny that the only professional singer in the cast (Tim McGraw) doesn't sing at all. And Gwyneth Paltrow, Garrett Hedlund, and Leighton Meester deliver absolutely amazing professional singing performances.

Also, each time I watched it again I picked up a nuance I had previously missed.

I have to say, I HAAAATED Country Strong. I wanted my time back after it was over. The performances were okay, but the story was horrible. Plus, I never bought Gwyneth Paltrow as a CW singer. LM and GH were fine, I just thought it was a pointless story. I felt the same after watching Message in a Bottle. I totally wanted the time back. What a waste of 2.5 hours!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Change Up - Have no idea why it bombed at box office, but it was HILARIOUS... Of course some of the humor involves gross things but my school girl crush of Jason Bateman seems to get stronger with every movie of his. Definite dvd rental when it comes out. Pure R-rated comedy.

Conviction Very moving film. Kinda went long. Hilary Swank is the sister of a convicted murderer that she feels is innocent, so she ends up getting a law degree and proving his innocence. Based on a true story. Acting was great.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I have to say, I HAAAATED Country Strong. I wanted my time back after it was over. The performances were okay, but the story was horrible. Plus, I never bought Gwyneth Paltrow as a CW singer. LM and GH were fine, I just thought it was a pointless story. I felt the same after watching Message in a Bottle. I totally wanted the time back. What a waste of 2.5 hours!
    Well she (Paltrow) is coming out with a country album so there's something else for you to avoid, Critical!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Well she (Paltrow) is coming out with a country album so there's something else for you to avoid, Critical!
    Definitely!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread