+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 155 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

CCL

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I just saw it today and I loved it. It is something I would watch again. I could have done without the icky subplot of the high schooler being in love with Steve Carrell's character and making naked pictures. But I really liked it over all and it is one of the few movies I have laughed out loud at. I also was surprised at how well Ryan Gosling did in that type of role. I did have a question for anyone out there. The one who played the 17 year old baby sitter--was that Analeigh from America's next top model? That girl looked so familiar and I think that might be where I saw her.
    Yes, that was Analeigh from ANTM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We saw Crazy Stupid Love today - all 14 of us! We mainly went to see it because Josh Groban is in it and being fans of his music is what brought our little group of friends together. In spite of him playing the part of a rather distasteful person, we all thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not many Steve Carrell fans in the bunch, but we all now have a new respect for Ryan Gosling.

Next up for me: The Help

The trailer for Contagion (with Laurence Fishburn, Jude Law, Matt Damon, etc.....) looks interesting.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched Dinner for Schmucks today. I don't know how I made it through the entire thing other that I was staying out of the heat and rain. It was terrible and such a waste of a good group of lesser-known comedic actors.

The only thing that redeemed that movie for me a little bit was about the last 10 or 15 minutes, PG. Otherwise, yeah, total dreck. The Dinner Game, the French movie it is based on, was MUCH better!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    We saw Crazy Stupid Love today - all 14 of us! We mainly went to see it because Josh Groban is in it and being fans of his music is what brought our little group of friends together. In spite of him playing the part of a rather distasteful person, we all thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Not many Steve Carrell fans in the bunch, but we all now have a new respect for Ryan Gosling.
    For his acting or his abs! My word was he buff!!

Limitless. Really, really enjoyed it, and not just because Bradley Cooper is so pleasant to look at. Nice little twist at the end.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The only thing that redeemed that movie for me a little bit was about the last 10 or 15 minutes, PG. Otherwise, yeah, total dreck. The Dinner Game, the French movie it is based on, was MUCH better!
    Heh! The only thing I liked about Dinner for Schmucks were the mice tableaux - slightly creepy, but adorable anyway.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Source Code - Jake Gyllenhaal as a military guy caught up in a kind of time-travel mission. It was pretty good - interesting and rather mind-bending. I would imagine people who hated movies like Inception and The Adjustment Bureau would probably dislike this one as well. I thought there were lots of unanswered questions at the end, but they weren't ones I really expected answers to! You are just left with lots of "...but what about...?"

Unknown - Liam Neeson as a guy who gets in an accident and when he wakes up he has his memories, but another guy has taken his place and no one remembers him. I thought it was good. It was well paced and I found myself really wanting to know how he got into this situation. It kept my attention to the end, although I kind of wished there was more resolution with the main character at the end.

I finally got to see Bridesmaids. OMG. I laughed so hard. My favorite scene was when she was trying to get the cops attention. And of course the dress store scene.

I watched Beastly, too. It wasn't horrible but it could have been a lot better.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

No Strings Attached - Overall I enjoyed it. I am still laughing about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The "period mix" that Ashton's character made for Natalie's character
    My one complaint is that it felt like they had a really good movie, but felt like they needed to throw in random crude humor to attract the 18-year-old-male audience. That stuff didn't ruin the movie for me, but it was unnecessary and felt forced.

Insidious - I don't watch a lot of horror movies, but the tag line for this one caught my attention: "It's not the house that's haunted, it's your son." It was pretty good. Not gory at all, but very suspenseful. I'm putting my one complaint in spoilers because it includes a plot detail:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the section of the movie that took place in "the further" because I thought it was too over-the-top and the scary character became less menacing and more cartoonish.
    I did like the ending. It had a twist without feeling like it was forcing a set up for a sequel.

+ Reply to Thread