+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 167 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

One of the last movies I've seen was Taken with Liam Neeson. It wasn't great, wasn't terrible... but yeah it's not really something I'd want to see again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Inception. Love Leonardo DiCaprio but could not watch anymore than the first 30 minutes of this movie. Too confusing!
    My SO walked away after 20 minutes; among other things he does not like movies where the scenery is dark much of the time. I toughed it out to about the halfway point, turned it off and returned it to Netflix. Made no sense whatsoever.

I loved Inception! You do have to play close attention, so it is not the kind of movie you want to watch when you are looking for relaxing entertainment. I thought I paid really close attention the first time I saw it, but there were still things I saw the second time around that filled in some gaps for me!!

Beastly - A updated beauty and the beast story with Vanessa Hudgens and a guy I wasn't familiar with. It was kinda blah. Vanessa Hudgens just isn't a very good actress.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Beastly - A updated beauty and the beast story with Vanessa Hudgens and a guy I wasn't familiar with. It was kinda blah. Vanessa Hudgens just isn't a very good actress.
    Thanks for posting your thoughts! I kind of wanted to see it when it came out but I was worried about Vanessa and her acting.

I saw "Tree of Life" with Brad Pitt, Sean Penn today...talk about confusing....it was very hard to follow, probably a second viewing will bring it all together for me..also a long Movie 2 hours 15 min....but all in all worth seeing....
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

Crazy, Stupid, Love - Loved, loved loved it. Very touching and funny at the same time. Who knew Ryan Gosling could do a comedy and pull it off? It's been awhile since I've seen a could Rom-com laced with Drama. Not your typical rom-com ending. Makes it more real, which this year's movies have been lacking. Highly recommend.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Red Riding Hood - I knew this had poor reviews, but decided to try it anyway. I had no idea Gary Oldman was in this movie! He did a great job, as usual. Unfortunately it was not enough to save this film. I noticed during the credits that this film was directed by Catherine Hardwicke, who also ruined the first Twilight film (IMHO). This movie had the same "feel" as Twilight. I need to remember to avoid her movies in the future. On top of that most of the acting was sub-par, especially by the two young men rivaling for the affection of the main character. I liked the premise of this movie, unfortunately the execution was terrible.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Crazy, Stupid, Love - Loved, loved loved it. Very touching and funny at the same time. Who knew Ryan Gosling could do a comedy and pull it off? It's been awhile since I've seen a could Rom-com laced with Drama. Not your typical rom-com ending. Makes it more real, which this year's movies have been lacking. Highly recommend.
    I just saw it today and I loved it. It is something I would watch again. I could have done without the icky subplot of the high schooler being in love with Steve Carrell's character and making naked pictures. But I really liked it over all and it is one of the few movies I have laughed out loud at. I also was surprised at how well Ryan Gosling did in that type of role. I did have a question for anyone out there. The one who played the 17 year old baby sitter--was that Analeigh from America's next top model? That girl looked so familiar and I think that might be where I saw her.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love the other day as well, despite my not being a big Steve Carrell fan. I am so glad I saw it as it didn't disappoint. I rarely go to the movies, in fact I'd not been since last summer and with ticket prices hovering around 10-11 bucks in my area, hate to waste money on a so-so movie. But this was definitely worth it and hubby did not fall asleep which is also a good indicator that the movie wasn't a bust!

+ Reply to Thread