+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 160 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Shrek Forever After: I thought it was pretty good, but I do hope it was the final film in the series.

Thor. It was actually enjoyable if you aren't expecting some epic movie. And the actor who plays Thor was yummy, which helps!

How to Tame Your Dragon: I thought it was cute.
    Buried: Ack! I could barely watch it. I cannot imagine how he even filmed it. I was feeling clausterphobic just sitting here!

Yesterday one of my favorite movies was on the CW. It's been on a lot of "Worst Movie" lists, but I love it.

Ready now?

Road House!

Maybe it's because Patrick Swayze is just so easy on the eyes. Maybe it's because Sam Elliot has a voice smooth as butter & a crooked smile that can melt your heart. Maybe because I'm a sucker for right & wrong being so in-your-face. Maybe it's because I want the bad guy to go down in flames, just like he deserves. I don't know, but it's always been a favorite.
    Anyhow, I haven't seen it in about 10 years so I figured I'd watch it again, maybe to see what all the haters saw.

Nope! Still loved it!
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Secretariat - It was about what I expected and it was okay. I didn't think they did the best job making the mom sympathetic. They tried to show how torn she was between her family and the farm, but it didn't work very well. It also felt longer than necessary. The biggest surprise for me was that the main stable guy that took care of the horse was played by Nelsan Ellis, who I only know as Lafayette from True Blood - it was nice seeing him in another role! However, in relation to his character they really glossed over issues of race during this time period. I know it wasn't the point of the movie, but it kind of annoyed me.

The Dilema - I know it bombed at the box office but I thought it was prety funny. There were a couple laugh out loud scenes. Wasn't the funny but still thought it was good.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We just watched "Westworld" with Yul Brynner and James Brolin. I always look at movie facts on IMDB, and was surprised to see that they're going to remake it. The only rumored cast member so far is Russell Crowe. Lots of people online think it would be cool to cast Josh Brolin as the character played by James Brolin in the original movie.

Devil: I wasn't a huge fan of the story and I could tell right off the bat who the "Devil" was, but I did enjoy it. Especially the end where things seem to settle. I don't want to give away the ending, but I will say it is somewhat cliche.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I got out to see X-Men First Class today. I've not seen prior X-Men movies, though I've seen bits & pieces here and there. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy were great. Kevin Bacon in the helmet made me literally LOL. It was a pretty good movie, an over-all enjoyable experience but crap on a cracker, January Jones was Betty Draper all over again. From what I hear from my friends in the "know" Emma Frost is supposed to be kind of kick-ass and she didn't play it like that. It was more like "my people are Nordic".

Nany McPhee Returns: I really, really enjoyed it! I thought it was cute, charming, and didn't really drag. I enjoyed Maggie G and liked the bit parts Ralph Fiennes and Ewan McG played.

+ Reply to Thread