+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 152 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

The NextThree Days w/ Russell Crowe. Excellent thriller, we were on the edge of our seats the whole movie. Not sure how I missed this one!

Toy Story 3: Loved it! I cried.

We saw 2 movies on our Florida trip.
    Going there, we saw The Tourist. Thought it was 1 of the worst movies ever. Normally, I love Johnny Depp. I found him unlikable and unbelievable in the role. And, did they ever have the worst makeup artist on the movie. Hard to make Angelina Jolie look less than gorgeous, but that makeup was plied on with a trowel, it seemed. And, there was no chemistry, at all, between Angelina and Johnny.
    Coming home, we saw The Company Men with Ben Affleck and Tommy Lee Jones. Predictable, but I loved it and really related to the story.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Flew to London yesterday and on the plane saw these:

The Tourist - I fell asleep in the middle of it. Seemed to be missing something. Not good.

Unstoppable - Typical action movie but it was very fast paced and I enjoyed it very much. Denzel like always acts wonderfully.

Gulliver Travels - Horrible, unfunny and stupid.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The new Karate Kid was the last movie I watched. Liked it.

Something borrowed. I did not read the book. Loved the movie. The badminton scene was so funny. Did not like the ending. Prom was a cute movie.

A Christmas Carol: I enjoyed it, but I really do not like Jim Carrey. I don't know why for sure, but part of it is that he has the same expressions (voice-wise) in every single thing he does.
    Charlie St. Cloud: It was okay.
    Alpha and Omega: I didn't really enjoy it. I think there are better animated movies out there.
    Takers: Eh, typical action/suspense flick.
    The Kids Are Alright: I liked it, but I wanted a different ending!

FORT Fogey

Wild Horse, Wild Ride, a wonderful documentary that's been doing quite well at various film festivals.

It's about the 2009 100 Day Mustang Challenge. Mustangs taken in as part of the annual national round up of mustangs on federal land are placed with qualified individuals who are given 100 days to train them. At the end of the 100 days, there's a competition, and whoever has trained his/her mustang the best wins $5000. After that, all the mustangs are put up for adoption, saving them from lives in federal holding pens, since, obviously enough, people are more confident about adopting a mustang once it's had some training. The original trainers are given the option of bidding on the horses as well--and no horse that's been through the program has ever failed to find a forever home. It's absolutely amazing what these people are able to get completely wild horses to do in 100 days (e.g. one guy chased down and roped a steer on the back of his mustang--after removing its bridle).

It's a film that's both funny and heart-wrenching (but if you're an animal person, don't worry--no horses or people end up hurt). The screening I was at was lucky enough to have a Q and A with one of the directors (the other director, his wife, is pregnant with their second child, and as she is due in June, she was unable to fly in for the screening).

It may be going to DVD/greater distribution deal, according to the director. There's a preview clip of it available on youtube if anyone's interested.

The Rite - creepy movie with an interesting message if you're not religious sensitive
    The Mechanic - love love love Jason Statham. Loved the movie, very action packed
    The Switch - Jason Bateman is beyond talented, Jennifer Aniston I have always liked, but this movie just was blah.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 1. Finally. I'm not sure how I felt about it. The final book I found very dark - the atmosphere in the movie, I thought, was more balanced even with the grim subject matter. That adorable little blonde actress who plays Luna is wonderful at lightening the mood in her scenes. Unfortunately, though, it just didn't hold the attention of my husband and my younger daughter, who didn't read the book. These final two movies, I suppose, are for dedicated Potter fans only.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread