+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 155 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Finally saw Juno. And I was so disappointed. It wasn't very funny and Juno's character was just annoying. I typically love quirky, independent movies, but I had to struggle to get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3184854;
    Finally saw Juno. And I was so disappointed. It wasn't very funny and Juno's character was just annoying. I typically love quirky, independent movies, but I had to struggle to get through this.
    Totally agree with you! I think that we might be the only two people in the world who didn't like it. Ellen Page is going to be playing that same character over and over again. I was already bored with it from just watching the ads for it when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3184854;
    I know that I've said it before but I (still) love your kitty! PLEASE,don't ever change your photo. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3190891;
    I know that I've said it before but I (still) love your kitty! PLEASE,don't ever change your photo. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it!
    THanks so much. I love my kitty, too.

I finally saw "The Darjeeling Limited"! I LOVED it but then I'm also a huge fan of "The Royal Tenenbaums". They are both so my sense of humor. I'm going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3195942;
    I finally saw "The Darjeeling Limited"! I LOVED it but then I'm also a huge fan of "The Royal Tenenbaums". They are both so my sense of humor. I'm going to buy it.
    Have you seen "Rushmore"? It's also a Wes Andersen movie and is one of my fave movies of all time - same humor as the others but really, really great. Bill Murray is excellent in that movie. SO funny. I've seen it so many times...

I watched a movie called "Waitress" today. I'm recouping from minor surgery and it was on HBO or Showtime or something. Strange storyline. Never seen a storyline that involved a prenant woman having a steamy affair with her OB. LOL.

We watched 'What Happens in Vegas' & 'Sahara' last night, and I really enjoyed them both. Many laughes from me, especially during 'Vegas'. But the characters that entertained me the most were not Diaz or Kutcher, they were Rob Corddry (Hater), and Lake Bell (Tipper).. they were great, and really funny, especially Corddry.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3197066;
    Have you seen "Rushmore"? It's also a Wes Andersen movie and is one of my fave movies of all time - same humor as the others but really, really great. Bill Murray is excellent in that movie. SO funny. I've seen it so many times...

I watched a movie called "Waitress" today. I'm recouping from minor surgery and it was on HBO or Showtime or something. Strange storyline. Never seen a storyline that involved a prenant woman having a steamy affair with her OB. LOL.
    No, I've never seen it but now I will rent it! Thanks for the tip! I liked waitress. I thought that it was a cute little movie but it makes me want to eat pie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3197542;
    No, I've never seen it but now I will rent it! Thanks for the tip! I liked waitress. I thought that it was a cute little movie but it makes me want to eat pie!!!
    Yes, rent it! You will love it! Max's plays make me laugh - SO funny! Gosh, that's a great, great movie.

Anyway, yeah, those pies looked really good. I was really distracted through the entire movie about the OB's violating basically every ethical code in the book by having sex with his pregnant patient in his exam room. A doc would lose his license over something like that, seemed kind of over the top but I guess weirder things have happened.

MRD

Watched Dr. Zhivago over 2 days. The movie is so good, but so sad. And for me doubly as my parents "song" was Lara's Theme: Somewhere my Love which plays during the entire movie.

But I hadn't seen it in years and years. The scenery is one of the starring things in the film. And it does give some insight into the Russian revolution. Good movie if you've never seen it. Long, sad, but good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread