+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Nightmare on Elm Street, 2010 version. I appreciate the attempt to try to make Freddie scary again - Jackie Earle Haley did his best - but the film was completely lacking the creepy atmosphere of the original, which was truly frightening. The re-created scene with the body bag in the school hallway, which was so chilling in the original, seemed like a tacked-on afterthought. Remake fail.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hanna - It was too long, but interesting storyline. Little girl raised to follow in her father's footsteps of being a government "killing" machine. Girl was played by the Lovely Bones girl. Great actress. I expected something else and I think that is where my disappointment lies. Lots of action though but I had the dreaded tired butt syndrome from sitting so long.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

The King's Speech - Very good movie. It was a bit slow in places, but the character development was wonderful. Overall it was well acted and endearing. Colin Firth was fantastic, he really deserved that Oscar because this seems like it would be an extremely challenging role!

Winter's Bone - This was an interesting movie. It kind of drops the viewer right into the middle of a situation and you kind of have to take the clues you get along the way to figure out what is going on. It did a wonderful job painting a picture of this strange, harsh, rural, drug-addled subculture. I spent a great deal of the film thinking "WTH? Are there really places where people live like this!?" It is slow moving and not a happy film. It was worth watching, but not the kind of movie I would go back and watch again.

Skyline: Oh man this was like a high budget, bad scripted poor man's version of War of the Worlds. If I wasn't in the middle of a workout, I would have shut it off! Simply awful!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1: Part of me wishes I would have waited to watch this until Part 2 is out because I want to see it now! I enjoyed it. There were a few parts with Ron/Hemione that dragged just a touch. Otherwise, I was hooked!

Dinner for Schmucks: I found it good, but not great. There were a few parts that I found myself thinking, this is just awful. It just kept dragging. But then by the end I enjoyed it. Not so sure I'd watch it again, but better than some similar style movies.

Faster: An okay movie. I liked that it was a little grittier role for the Rock. It was fairly predictable, but eh, I wasn't expecting anything too complex.

The Tourist - I enjoyed it. Not over the top with the action, but still kept me engaged. I thought the whole first half with AJ and JD "falling in love" happened too fast to actually be believable, but by the end I still thought the story got where it needed to go.

How Do You Know - Meh. It wasn't awful, but certainly far from great. From the ads, I expected this movie to be pretty funny and it really wasn't - MUCH more drama than laughs. I hate when they mis-advertise a movie, they are really just setting it up for bad reviews by setting peoples' expectations in the wrong place.

Salt and The Switch: I didn't really enjoy either of them.

Julie & Julia - What a wonderful movie. Meryl Streep was terrific as Julia Childs and Stanley Tucci, just love him was excellent as her husband. I was indifferent on the Amy Adams part... Thought it was really touching and funny.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

The Sorcerers Apprentice: Ack! Terrible!

+ Reply to Thread