+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

127 Days - James Franco is not my favorite actor, but he fit this role pretty well and did a respectable job. Overall, it was just about what I expected - pretty good, hard to watch.

I Love You Philip Morris - It has been more than a day since I finished this, and I'm still not exactly sure what I thought about it. It was portrayed as a comedy, but might have been better off not trying so hard to be a comedy. The general premise is that the main character is married and has an epiphany and decides to come out as gay. Some stuff happens, he ends up in jail where he meets the "love of his life". Some escapades about how to get out of jail ensue. While there is some humor inherent in the "escapades", I thought the movie tried to apply too much humor to the relationship. IMO the relationship could have been really touching if it had been handled differently, but it came off as more of a farce in this context.

Legendary: It wasn't bad for a WWE film starring John Cena. It had some good moments, but overall this isn't a movie to watch if you're looking for soul searching changes.

The Six Wives of Henry Lefay: Starring Tim Allen, Tim Allen as Henry Lefay, a flashy salesman who is presumed dead, Elisha Cuthbert as Barbara "Barbie" Lefay (Henry's daughter), S. Epatha Merkerson as Effa Devereaux (Henry's secret first wife), Andie MacDowell as Kate (Henry's second wife), Jenna Elfman as Ophelia (Henry's third and fifth wife), Paz Vega as Veronica (Henry's fourth wife), Lindsay Sloane as Autumn (Henry's sixth wife), Barbara Barrie as Mae (Henry's mother), Eric Christian Olsen as Lloyd, Chris Klein as Stevie and Edward Herrmann as Goodenough, the funeral director. As you can tell a pretty well known cast. It was cute and quirky. Time Allen wasn't even that annoying!

Walled In - direct to dvd "horror" flick with that chick from the OC... Interesting concept about a murderer who entombs his victims in a building he built, that cannot be destroyed. It had a ton of potential but fell flat.

The new Arthur - Russell Brand doesn't do it justice but it was still cute and had some funny parts. Helen Mirren was a riot. Better to catch it on dvd then in the theater. Not worth the 12 bucks.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Burlesque - Fairly predictable feel-good film, but surprisingly entertaining!! Dancing, singing, generally fun to watch!

Easy A: I loved it! I am not a huge Penn Badgely fan (because I cannot stand Dan on Gossip Girl), but I even enjoyed him in it! I loved the way the family interacted and I don't care if it's largely unbelieveable! First movie in a long time that I didn't find myself FF through parts.

After.Life: Bah, this was creepy and ambiguous and I really didn't care for it. It starred Justin Long, Liam Nieson, and Cristina Ricci.

Jonah Hex: Another awful movie!

Tangled - It was cute

Scorpion King - awful, blame my boyfriend for that one

Country Strong - Fantastic, loved it. I am not someone who listens to country but Gwenyth Paltrow was wonderful in this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Chaos Theory It had a good premise but it went out of control by the end.

Get Him to the Greek - I know most of you have bashed this movie and I agree it was overall mostly mediocre but I have to say - I was rolling on the floor howling with laughter during the "Jeffrey" scene. The furry wall stuff was hilarious. And P.Diddy was one of the best parts of the whole movie. I would describe this movie as sort of a marriage between The Hangover and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Blood and Chocolate - I thought this was going to be a vampire movie, but it was actually a werewolf movie. Kind of a forbidden young romance story. It was predictable, but okay. Lots of negative reviews on Netflix from people who had read the book and didn't like the movie. I have never read the book, but I can imagine the story would have benefited from additional character development.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - I saw it in the theater, watched it over the weekend because we picked up the BluRay. I enjoyed it very much the second time around. I can't wait to see the final installment this summer!!

+ Reply to Thread