+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 293 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree1279Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

City Island: It's about a family in Jersey who are all a little dysfunctional but trying their best. It starts Julianna Margulis (sp?) and Andy Garcia. It was decent.

Get Him to the Greek: I did not even finish it. I found it to be very obnoxious and really rather dumb.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    City Island: It's about a family in Jersey who are all a little dysfunctional but trying their best. It starts Julianna Margulis (sp?) and Andy Garcia. It was decent.

Get Him to the Greek: I did not even finish it. I found it to be very obnoxious and really rather dumb.
    The best part of Get Him to the Greek is the Furry Walls song. If you didn't reach that point, check it out. Actually the whole soundtrack is pretty hilarious.

I saw Red Riding Hood today - it was bad. But I should have known since it was directed by the same person who ruined the first Twilight movie.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    I saw Red Riding Hood today - it was bad. But I should have known since it was directed by the same person who ruined the first Twilight movie.
    Awww, that's too bad. I had high hopes for that one, but I also had the same reservations about the director.

I saw Red Riding Hood last night..it was interesting to say the least. I actually got the giggles at one point in the movie because it was so strange. At least the actors playing the two love interests of the heroine were hot. Might as well get some good eye candy out of a bad movie.

The Experiment: It stars Forrest Whittaker, Adrien Brody and others. It's a take on the Zimbardo Prison Experiment. The movie made me so mad! After all these years and knowing what I do, it's still so hard to believe. Of course, this was a movie so it was taken to extremes. I recommend it, but at the same time, it's a very intense movie.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Blech, I didn't finish it either. I must be missing something because I don't find Russell Brand even remotely funny. Of the couple, I think Katy Perry is funnier.

Due Date. Despite my willingness to watch anything with Robert Downey, Jr., this movie was pure suckage. I kinda got the impression RDJ didn't want to be there, either. Anyone needing a RDJ fix should just go re-watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Sherlock Holmes, or either Ironman movie.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Nightmare on Elm Stree (2010 version): Eh, it was ok. But the way Freddy was done up lacked something. I don't think I've ever seen the original first of the series, but I wasn't really into it.

The Other Guys: Completely unbelieveable but they weren't trying to pretend otherwise. I actually enjoyed it which I was surprised by.

Stan Helsing: It's a spoof on the horror genre where "stan" helsing (Steve Howey- Reba/Shameless) has to face a mock up for all other horror villians out there. I found it to be kind of funny/ridiculous but it did drag in parts.

I watched Cellular yesterday
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

You Don't Know Jack - HBO film about Jack Kevorkian. The acting was outstanding and the topic was interesting, but the movie was a bit boring.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - OUTSTANDING film about street artists. Thank you to the previous posters (either in this thread of the movies you have rented thread) who recommended it!!! It's a documentary, but it is a "storytelling" documentary rather than an "educational" documentary.

+ Reply to Thread