+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4139407;
    Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - odd movie, but I really enjoyed it, and I am one of the few people on the planet who actually likes Michael Cera. I didn't care for the end too much though - the grand guignol denouement went on for far too long and if I had been alone in the room, I would have fast forwarded through the final fight. Overall quite entertaining, though.
    I really like Michael Cera, but sometimes the movies he appears in fall flat for me. I was happy to find that I liked this one so much!!!

The Social Network - enjoyed the movie, but unsure why it's winning all these awards for best movie...

The Fighter - Fantastic acting, why this movie isn't in the spotlight like the above movie is beyond me. Great story about boxer Micky Ward and his drug addicted brother, former boxer Dicky. Melissa Leo's portrayl of their mother was terrific.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I really liked Mean Girls so when I heard they made a Mean Girls 2 I decided to watch it. Uhm....big mistake. It was horrible. The actors were horrible, the plot was horrible and the script...yep...horrible. Two hours I will never get back.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This is really an older one, but I've finally seen Anchorman.

It wasn't bad, but I don't get all the hype over it either.

I've found that Anchorman improves with repeated watching. I thought it was just okay when I first saw it, but now I really love it. Maybe it's an acquired taste
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I discovered over the weekend that when The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest became available on Netflix it was immediately available on my instant queue, so of course I had to watch it! It was okay, but I do wish I had been able to watch it closer to the other two movies and when I read the book. There are so many characters to keep track of!! Also, this one felt flatter than I expected. I was completely drawn in by the books, but especially with this one, it felt like some of the stuff they removed in the movie adaptation were things that most intrigued me about the story. The characters just felt less...passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4171962;
    I've found that Anchorman improves with repeated watching. I thought it was just okay when I first saw it, but now I really love it. Maybe it's an acquired taste
    That could very well be true. I did laugh a lot at Steve's character Brick.

I think it's because I go in with such high expectations. I felt underwhelmed by The Hangover for that very reason.

Date Night: I loved it! It was cute, quirky, and everyone seemed to take their role with the appropriate amount of seriousness and levity!
    Percy Jackson.....Lightning Thief: I didn't think I would like it, but I did! It was a tad long, but I liked the plot, the characters and the actors playing them.
    Unthinkable: Did not like it. I thought it was too over the top and the torture scenes were unnecessary.
    The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It: I enjoy spoof movies, but I absolutely hated this one. They weren't even trying to make it funny.

Piranha - Very stupid but if you like gore and boobs then you'll love it.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I must be the only person in this country who had not seen The Blind Side, but I finally watched it recently. Maybe I was in a lousy mood or something, but , I don't understand the awards for this movie for acting or anything else. It was okay and a good feel good flick, but nothing about it stood out as outstanding, IMO.

I think Sandra Bullock is a great lady, but the acting seemed very average. Should I watch it again? I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread