+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I watched Lars and the Real Girl. A cute movie, very touching and different. I saw that it was up for the screenplay Oscar, but lost to Juno. Why do two unique movies need to come out the same year?

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

I spent the majority of the movie going asking what the hell was going on. I sorta figured it out at the end and the visuals were cool but it was confusing and weird. Heath Ledger was of course, awesome and I did appreciate how they used the other actors to fill in for him. That was pretty creative.

The Boondock Saints. It's a favourite at our house...I adore Willem Dafoe and my husband and I both love David Della Rocco as The Funnyman. We recently bought it on Blu-ray, along with the sequel, which we haven't gotten around to watching yet. I googled around a bit and found out the actor who plays Murphy is going to be in The Walking Dead, which premiered last week on AMC. He's listed as appearing in 4 episodes, so I'll be watching for him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Finally saw Avatar when it came on HBO. Wow! Husband and I both really enjoyed it, James Cameron certainly did a fantastic job. Does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

CCL

^ There are two sequels planned, to be released in December 2014 & 2015.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4102226;
    Finally saw Avatar when it came on HBO. Wow! Husband and I both really enjoyed it, James Cameron certainly did a fantastic job. Does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel?
    I watched it on HBO and fell asleep! I've tried watching it a few times and just couldn't get through it. I guess that's why there are so many movies out there - they're not all for everyone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4103267;
    I watched it on HBO and fell asleep! I've tried watching it a few times and just couldn't get through it. I guess that's why there are so many movies out there - they're not all for everyone.
    I was about ready to fall asleep when I saw at the movies, too. But after that it just kept getting better and better imo - by the end I loved it!

Little Big Man - I have not watched this movie in years and the first time I saw it I had simply stumbled upon it on TV. I do not typically go out of my way to watch older films, but this movie is so worth watching. It spans the gulf between ridiculous and heartbreaking like no other film I have ever seen. Chief Dan George does an amazing job in the role of Old Lodge Skins!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Just watched It's Complicated on HBO tonight with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin. A cute romantic comedy and the leads were all great but for me John Krasinski had me laughing out loud.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Just finished watching The Road. I read the book and it didn't make a lot of sense; the movie wasn't much better. If it weren't for Viggo Mortensen being in it I would have turned it off and gone to something else.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread