+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Watched The Green Mile last night...very, very good movie.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4076578;
    Watched The Green Mile last night...very, very good movie.
    Such a good movie! But so sad. I completely fall apart every time I watch it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4076583;
    Such a good movie! But so sad. I completely fall apart every time I watch it.
    Same here. Very touching movie.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Let Me In. Not really a horror, though the theme is the supernatural. This is really well done, particularly in regards to story development. It's a remake of a Swedish film, apparently. It's not a vampire flick, exactly, the plot is more original than that. The child actors are wonderful, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

We watched Defendor this weekend, staring Woody Harrelson as an intellectually limited man living his life as a superhero. A really terrific movie that had laughs (Defendor's choice of weaponry is howlingly funny) and tears, and uniformly wonderful acting, particularly Woody and Elias Koteas as his arch-enemy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Moll Flanders. While the ending was a bit predictable I thought the acting was terrific and the story (which was simple yet interesting) really touched me. Also, there was nothing contrived or outlandish that typically makes a viewer go "hmmm, yea, that never happens in real life."
    I actually cried because the characters were just so "real" and believable (I don't know how else to say it!).

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4050606;
    Just watched a portion of Dirty Dancing. I have never been able to sit through an entire showing because, good golly miss molly, that is one lousy piece of film making. And sorry to his legion of fans, but Patrick Swayze probably has the least acting ability of any A-list star in the history of Hollywood movies. So why do I make these painful sojourns into the world of Baby and Johnny, you ask? It's my deep and abiding love of Jerry Orbach. If I'm flipping my away around the dial and I see his wry countenance gazing at me from the depths of anything, I'm stopping and watching for at least 15 minutes, no matter how atrocious the work. And Dirty Dancing is pretty much the most atrocious thing he's been in.
    When his character 'ended' on Law & Order I was absolutely crushed. He was absolutely incredible in that role. I always looked forward to his one-liners at the beginning of each episode (somehow even the cheesy ones were funny!).
    *Sigh*--signaled the beginning of the end for the original series when he left (luckily we got Criminal Intent (and a big luck out with Goren) and SVU to make us feel a little better).

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I got out to see Paranormal Activity 2 today. I liked it a lot more than I expected. What annoyed me most about the first one was the boyfriend character--I kind of thought he got what he deserved, the smarmy day-trader he was. The second one didn't have me rooting for anyone to get killed. Sure, it was a bit of the same, but it was a fun little movie.

"Predators" ! Watching it a second time right now! Liked it a lot but I'm also a HUGE Predator fan! I also LOVE science fiction, monsters and special effects!

watched clash of the titans (the new one with Sam Worthington) yesterday. Very good cast but plot needed a bit of brushing up on. Sam worthington was entertaining as Perseus however some of his facial expressions were the same ones he used in Terminator Salvation. but that's a minor thing as I like Sam Worthington.

After that I'm trying to rewatch Buffy so am on Season 5 now.

+ Reply to Thread