+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Machete - A movie starring Danny Trejo, does it get any cooler than that? We're big fans of Robert Rodriguez films at our house, so of course we loved it. DeNiro is a blast and you hardly notice that the blonde is Lindsay Lohan.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

The American with George Clooney. Which sucked. A lot.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont" on Netflix today. Can't remember the last time I loved a movie more than I loved this. Joan Plowright and Rupert Friend were amazing.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I got out to see The Town today and really enjoyed it. It has more emotional depth than most any other heist-based movies and Affleck is turning out to be quite a good director. Jon Hamm was decidedly not Don Draper, Jeremy Renner was a great match for Affleck bringing up their scenes to an excellent level, and Blake Lively did a pretty good job too. And I want to meet the stunt driver who handled the mini-van chase through the narrow Boston streets--I've spent enough time behind the wheel of a mini-van to know they're not the most sporty of vehicles.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We watched the original "Wall Street" this weekend in preparation for seeing the sequel when it comes out on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4054499;
    I'll go look to see if it is available on Netflix!

Watched The Back-Up Plan tonight. It was okay, about what I expected I suppose. It annoys me when childbirth is portrayed as a crazy, screaming, irrational mess. I went through it four times and not once was it like that. It felt longer than necessary, it had its moments but I wouldn't watch it again.
    I agree....they always portray child birth in the worst manner possible. I've had three and the first was at age 16 and I didn't carry on like that. And that first one I was in labor for almost 20 hours. I cried, but I didn't scream like a banshee...lol. The movie was ok. It had some sweet moments, especially when he was freaking out in the kitchen in the middle of the night.

We watched The Killers this week. I heard it was really bad but I liked it ok. It wasn't Oscar worthy, but it had some funny moments. And my husband pegged
    Click to see Spoiler:
    her dad as the one trying to kill the lead character. His basis? He has a mustache. Apparently, according to my husband, the bad guy always has a mustache...lmao!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

We saw Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel this weekend. Lovely, British, nerdy! Although it didn't answer those frequently asked questions, rather raised new ones. Time paradoxes make me crazy, I can't wrap my mind around them. It was a good movie though.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw The Exorcist, the extended director's cut, on the big screen tonight. I hadn't seen it in ages and never on the big screen.

Last night (I hope it's still ok to post in here) my bf took me to see You Again. It was so funny! Kristen Bell was just great, and it's always nice to see Betty White. I'd recommend it for sure.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

We watched The Blind Side 3 times this weekend on HBO. Guess we love it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread