+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

CCL

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: Angela Lansbury. The only thing that I'd ever seen her in (that I recall) was Murder She Wrote (which I like) until a while back I saw her in a movie called "Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris" where she played a widowed housecleaner who was finally realizing her lifelong ambition of going to one of the couture shows in Paris and buying a couture dress (she'd saved for years). It was wonderful.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-02-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Angela Lansbury played the mother in the original Manchurian Candidate, and she was fantastically evil. Honestly, she totally blew Meryl Streep away in the same role.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4053989;
    Angela Lansbury played the mother in the original Manchurian Candidate, and she was fantastically evil. Honestly, she totally blew Meryl Streep away in the same role.
    OMG.
    The original Manchurian Candidate was just brilliant.
    Everyone from Angela Lansbury to Laurence Harvey to Janet Leigh to Frank Sinatra.
    I love Denzel and, of course, Meryl, but the remake wasn't in the same stratosphere.

The original scared the beejes*s out of me! Angela was absolutely chilling!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4053386;
    If you get a chance, see the original Portrait of Dorian Gray.
    It was made a long time ago and Angela Lansbury was a young woman in the movie. Dorian Gray is played by an English actor named Hurd Hatfield. It's on a par with the original Oscar Wilde story. Just wonderful!
    I'll go look to see if it is available on Netflix!

Watched The Back-Up Plan tonight. It was okay, about what I expected I suppose. It annoys me when childbirth is portrayed as a crazy, screaming, irrational mess. I went through it four times and not once was it like that. It felt longer than necessary, it had its moments but I wouldn't watch it again.

The Chamber. It was a brilliant book but the movie version was terrible. Chris O'Donnell was just wrong in the role he played, but at least he made nice eye candy.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched Jesus Camp tonight. It was, by far, the most frightening movie I've ever seen.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - loved it. Great casting and nice job on turning a monster novel into a neat little film. I can't wait to see the sequel(s). Also saw Couples Retreat - I thought Vince Vaughan was boring as hell but the guy who was the yoga instructor was a scream...stole the whole movie IMO.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4054943;
    I watched Jesus Camp tonight. It was, by far, the most frightening movie I've ever seen.
    I saw that quite a while ago and agree with your assessment.

[QUOTE=AJane;4054949[B];]The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - [/B]loved it. Great casting and nice job on turning a monster novel into a neat little film. I can't wait to see the sequel(s).

We watched it this weekend and, while it was done well, we thought it really dragged on.

We're hoping Fincher's movie will be better.

FORT Fanatic

Watched Inception today - kind of confusing but very good movie. Not for those who can't sit still for long- it was over 21/2hrs long but it was good.

+ Reply to Thread