+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I recorded a bunch of random movies from my movie networks...

Good Will Hunting | Believe it or not, it's my first time ever seeing this movie. Did not disappoint. Robin Williams is fantastic in this film. I also liked Matt Damon and Minnie Driver.

Head Over Heels | Wait, what? I know many of you have not heard of this movie, but I decided to record it just for the heck of it. It stars Freddie Prinze Jr and Monica Potter. It has a dumb plotline and the acting is pretty bad, but I liked it overall.

Josie and the Pussycats | Coincidentally, I recorded a movie of Freddie Prinze Jr's famous She's All That co-star, Rachel Leigh Cook. Another movie with a dumb plotline. And Tara Reid's acting is horrendous. I still liked it though.

Penelope | Cute movie. Good underlying message. I would watch it if you don't have anything else to watch.

Armed and Dangerous | I liked this one. It had a couple of laughs in it. I especially laughed at the sex store scenes.

Sweet Home Alabama | Reese is my favorite actress, so I had to record this one. Her character makes you go on a roller coaster of emotions. You go from hating her to being indifferent to loving her. Just a sign of a great actress.

The Princess Bride | Why had I never seen this movie until recently? Great movie!

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion | When I get done with a movie, I usually delete it off my DVR to make room. This one is still on there. I think that says enough.

There's Something About Mary | Good movie, good laughs, a little farfetched but that's okay. My favorite part was the beginning prom scene.

Bedtime Stories | Cute movie, but I don't understand how the kids' wishes come true. Is it the story of imagination? Maybe it's their grandpa? The movie never answered that.

I have about 25 other movies to watch on my DVR. Let's see if I'll get to them all.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Role Models - finally got around to watching it. Hilarious. Why is Paul Rudd not as big a star as Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell, etc.?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3987425;

Head Over Heels | Wait, what? I know many of you have not heard of this movie, but I decided to record it just for the heck of it. It stars Freddie Prinze Jr and Monica Potter. It has a dumb plotline and the acting is pretty bad, but I liked it overall.
    Not only have I heard of it, I've seen it. Not bad.

Josie and the Pussycats | Coincidentally, I recorded a movie of Freddie Prinze Jr's famous She's All That co-star, Rachel Leigh Cook. Another movie with a dumb plotline. And Tara Reid's acting is horrendous. I still liked it though.
    I love this movie. I even have that soundtrack. I refuse to be ashamed.

This weekend I watched She's Out of My League which was cute/funny and Hot Tub Time Machine which was...well, my tv turned itself off about 20 minutes in so that should have been my first clue...not that it stopped me from turning the tv back on and resuming viewing. John Cusack has come to this...what would Lloyd Dobler think?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

We watched a documentary from Netflix called Paper Clips. It's the true story of a group of middle-school children in a small town in Tennessee who were studying the Holocaust, and one of the kids said, "I have no idea how many 6,000,000 is. So they decided to collect 6,000,000 paper clips to represent the number of Jews who died in the Holocaust.

If you watch this one, do so with a box of tissues nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3991723;
    Not only have I heard of it, I've seen it. Not bad.

I love this movie. I even have that soundtrack. I refuse to be ashamed.

This weekend I watched She's Out of My League which was cute/funny and Hot Tub Time Machine which was...well, my tv turned itself off about 20 minutes in so that should have been my first clue...not that it stopped me from turning the tv back on and resuming viewing. John Cusack has come to this...what would Lloyd Dobler think?
    No way! I was sure no one has heard of it. And after watching JatPC... I sorta wanted the soundtrack.

Never seen Hot Tub Time Machine, nor do I care to, but I did see She's Out of My League in theaters. It wasn't bad, but I was actually expecting to like it more.

Alright, I watched a couple more movies from my list of recorded movies...

Fast Times at Ridgemont High | Even though everyone knows this classic teen sex comedy, I hadn't watched it until recently. I liked it, but I really wasn't expecting that much nudity!

Hook | Aw, I was expecting to like this one. But I just ended up getting really frustrated throughout the movie.

Mrs. Doubtfire | Robin Williams marathon? On the other hand, I loved this movie! I especially love how the ending was not cheesy in the slightest, like most of the movies I see.

Fired Up! | It was so obvious that this movie aimed to become the next American Pie, or at least reach out to its fanbase. Too bad it fizzled in the theaters. I sorta liked it though.

Sugar & Spice | From one cheerleading movie to the next, I preferred Fired Up for sure. This one wasn't that funny and was pretty predictable towards the end.

Soul Man | Very, very, very bold movie. After a half hour or so, I was thinking it had one of the dumbest plotlines ever. But I just accepted it for what it was--a movie. In the end, I appreciated that it tackled racial issues like no other movie I've seen. I will definitely be getting this one on DVD. Loved it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The Usual Suspects - I had never seen this movie before and have always been told how good it is. Unfortunately I had an inkling about the ending. It would have been much better if I hadn't known anything about it going in.

Sixteen Candles - I've seen this movie a ton of times, watched it once again with my teenage son. Now he will understand pop culture references to "Farmer Ted"

Youth in Revolt - This is a newer Michael Cera movie in which he is a dorky guy (Nick Twisp) who develops and alternate "bad boy" persona for himself (Francois Dillinger) to win over a girl. It was kinda weird. It had some funny moments, but I expected to like it more.

ETA: I missed that I passed 3,000 posts recently - woot!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3987425;
    The Princess Bride | Why had I never seen this movie until recently? Great movie!
    It really is a great movie. got a little bit of everything in it and I love that it was one of Cary Elwes' early roles and probably the best one he has done other than Twister and Ella Enchanted of course.

Today i was watching tv and rewatched The princess Diaries. sue me was totally bored but I do like Anne hathaway. think she makes a wonderful actress!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4003717;
    Youth in Revolt - This is a newer Michael Cera movie in which he is a dorky guy (Nick Twisp) who develops and alternate "bad boy" persona for himself (Francois Dillinger) to win over a girl. It was kinda weird. It had some funny moments, but I expected to like it more.
    Now, I was the opposite - I expected to hate it, but I loved it. Michael Cera is hysterical - he & Paul Rudd are my favourite funny guys. I thought he was brilliant, and the writing was smart as hell. Best flick I've seen in ages.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

We rented The Ugly Truth and Diary of A Wimpy Kid last night.

I did not watch Diary, my son did and said it's not as depressing as the books. He read all 5 of them (he is 7) and his verdict was that Greg is really a sad sort of kid and not somebody he'd want to be friends with and he says that the movie is much better because they didn't focus on Greg being sad all the time and instead focused on the funny things in the book.

The Ugly Truth - does this woman have chemistry with anybody? I've yet to see a movie with her in it that she had chemistry with her co-star. In this one, they came off as if they could not stand one another and were just going through the motions to get the pay check. Zero chemistry! The plot left much to be desired and I couldn't help but think that with a better female lead that it could have been better, Katherine Heigel always comes off as very cold and arrogant in her roles. The only good thing about the movie was Gerard Butler but even he could not save it in the end because he was acting like he couldn't stand her half the time, no chemistry (in case I didn't say that already lol).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

CCL

^ Agree about The Ugly Truth.

Watched Clash of the Titans over the weekend (the 2010 version). It was all right though rather hokey in parts. Nicholas Hoult was looking fine (he's grown up well since About a Boy!) and Gemma Aterton is very pretty. I'm sure I've spelled those names wrong. I heard there might be a sequel but I don't recall it doing that well in the box office.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread