+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I just finished watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in the original Swedish with English subtitles. It was FANTASTIC. I loved it, now I have to run out and get the book... and the two after that. I LOVE Lisbeth (the heroine) and I can't wait to get my hands on them. I didn't read the book first, which is probably why I love the movie, adpatations usually disappoint me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, I've read the book but I haven't seen the movie. Although I know many people who have read it and seen it and most of them have loved both the book and the movie, so I don't think the adaptation is that bad. I want to see the movie, but mr. Fatale has an aversion to most things Swedish.

Kao

I watched Survive Style 5+ again. That movie will never get old for me.

Yesterday I watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Wonderfully written and filmed. The German boy child was incredibly believable. I won't spoil it, but the last 5 minutes my husband and I were sitting there watching totally spellbound. What an ending. Wonderful movie.

Watching "Strictly Ballroom". Love this movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3962945;
    I just finished watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in the original Swedish with English subtitles. It was FANTASTIC. I loved it, now I have to run out and get the book... and the two after that. I LOVE Lisbeth (the heroine) and I can't wait to get my hands on them. I didn't read the book first, which is probably why I love the movie, adpatations usually disappoint me.
    I'm jealous! I should have timed my Netflix return to get this one right away. It is now sitting at "Very long wait"

It is available for watching online, but I prefer to wait until I can see it on a real TV and in a controlled location where young children cannot walk in on a disturbing scene!

I really enjoyed the book and have read a number of reviews that said the movie lived up to it! I am reading the second book in the series now.

They American remake is in the works (for 2012) and I hope they don't completely botch it. IMDB is listing Daniel Craig as Blomkvist (I wish they had picked an unknown) and the rumored actress for Lisbeth is Carey Mulligan. She seems a bit "cute" for the role, but I recently saw her in "An Education" and she was excellent so I am optimistic for now!
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3968757;
    I'm jealous! I should have timed my Netflix return to get this one right away. It is now sitting at "Very long wait"

It is available for watching online, but I prefer to wait until I can see it on a real TV and in a controlled location where young children cannot walk in on a disturbing scene!

I really enjoyed the book and have read a number of reviews that said the movie lived up to it! I am reading the second book in the series now.

They American remake is in the works (for 2012) and I hope they don't completely botch it. IMDB is listing Daniel Craig as Blomkvist (I wish they had picked an unknown) and the rumored actress for Lisbeth is Carey Mulligan. She seems a bit "cute" for the role, but I recently saw her in "An Education" and she was excellent so I am optimistic for now!
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2012)
    I haven't seen the Swedish film yet. I was at a book club meeting last month discusiing Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The majority of the participants had seen the movie and they all thought it was excellent.
    I happen to love David Fincher as a director. However, casting Daniel Craig seems all wrong to me. Blomkvist wasn't actually a handsome sexy man.
    And I think Carey Mulligan is far too cute for the role.
    I don't have big hopes for this Hollywood version.
    They need to cast unknowns in movies like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

"Please Give" - with Oliver Platt, Catherine Keener, Amanda Peet. Sweet, poignant, thought-provoking. I don't know how widely this will be distributed, but if you get a chance to see it, I'd recommend it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3968856;
    However, casting Daniel Craig seems all wrong to me. Blomkvist wasn't actually a handsome sexy man.
    I have read all 3 books and saw the first 2 movies (French dubbing). What I can say is that I was really surprised when I saw the actor that played Blomkvist because from the way he was portrayed in the books (getting all the girls), I expected someone much better looking or even charming. Daniel's rugged and sexy looks fits much more with my interpretation.

I just finished the last book...must rent Girl With The Dragon Tattoo this weekend.

I watched The Taking of Pelham 123 last night. I dunno, I just don't buy John Travolta doing ANYTHING any more. I thought he hammed it up a bit much. Denzil was okay, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread