+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 152 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Finally watched Avatar, it was ok, nothing special about except for the special effects. Felt like I was watching an updated version of Ferngully The Last Rainforest.

FORT Newbie

I watched "The Losers" movies today.I liked this movie very much.

I've downloaded Ramen Girl due to this thread, but haven't watched it yet. I've got Avatar on hold too. I've been doing the digital rentals lately. No muss, no fuss and no clutter. Love it. Just wish they had more selections.

Watched (most of) Julie and Julia which I caught, ten minutes in, on cable. Taped for later. I had put off seeing it because tbh, Julia Child's voice always annoyed me (growing up.) I'm glad I watched it. I loved its angle of women creating their own way. Two thumbs up!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We finally saw Blind Side last weekend and loved everything about it; great story, great performances, and everything. Loved the IRL pictures at the end--that was cool! I see this becoming a Thanksgiving/Christmas classic in future years.

Last night, we saw Up in the Air and I thought the story was good until George's character started falling in love. Then, we thought it got really, really slow and predictable. Loved Anna Kendrick, though, and thought this was a great breakout role for her.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Watched UP, the kids and I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely going to go out and buy the dvd.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

"How to Lose a guy in 10 days" was playing on the Oxygen network... it wasn't great, but watching it for free helped to pass the evening. Fairly formulaic.

So, I watched Ramen Girl and quite enjoyed it, although it was strange - it didn't seem slow paced, it held my interest, but it seemed to go on forever! It's a nice story though, and the acting, especially the Japanese cast, is very good. I really liked the actors who played the ramen master (her teacher) and the man who - oh I guess I better not spoil the plot any more. Lol It is worth renting.

I also watched Did You Hear About The Morgans? And it was execrable. I sped through about 90% of it! Most of the actors phoned it in, and the script was one stale moldy cliche after another. I began rooting for the bad guy to show up so something would happen - then he did, and still, nothing did. :/

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just saw Never Cry Wolf -- can't believe I've never seen it before but I liked it. I would've liked it more except it was extremely depressing (to me at least), knowing it was made 25 years ago and it hasn't gotten much better for them.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I watched "Interview With A Vampire" again on DVD.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Sex and the City 2 - Went to an early showing on opening day with a friend who really wanted to see it and today was the only day that worked for us. I was an occasional watcher of the series, but not an avid fan. I expected it to be pretty good and it met that expectation - it was enjoyable and cute.

There were only a few people in the afternoon showing that we went to. However, we noticed that people showing up for the following time were really dressed up. Very high heels and nice dresses - I have to admit that I don't get that. Even if I was a huge fan, I want to be comfortable when I watch a movie...

+ Reply to Thread