+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 155 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3881383;
    I rented it from the library. Seems to be in every local library in the nation, as its such a classic.
    One of my favorite movies of all time.
    Cool, I'll have to check my local library this weekend.

FORT Fogey

Today I watched "Inherit the Wind," a film from 1960, with Spencer Tracy, Gene Kelly, Fredric March and Harry Morgan. A fabulous performance on an interesting subject. We'll never see the likes of these fine actors again.

Went and saw Nightmare on Elm St. and thought it was pretty good. Jacke's Freddy was good, but I still like Robert's Freddy just a bit more.

I saw Weather Girl on the weekend, which is the sort of romantic comedy I can tolerate, and actually had Mr. Rattus laughing. I wanted to see it primarily for the cast - Tricia O'Kelley and Alex Kapp Horner from Old Christine, Marin Hinkle and Jon Cryer from Two and a Half Men, Enrico Colantoni, Blair Underwood, Mark Harmon and Jane Lynch. I was curious to see how a group of television people did with a theatrical movie, and I have to say that I was pleasantly...actually, not surprised. Television these days is frequently better written than big box office releases.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I saw a couple of movies with the kids this weekend.

How to train Your Dragon - Saw it in 3D. It was quite enjoyable. The voice of the main character annoyed me a little bit, but that was the only negative. The kids liked it a lot. Toothless was adorable!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Not bad. It wasn't my fav film, but I can definitely see the appeal to elementary age kids. Lots of "gross out" humor. My 9 year old has been reading the books so I promised to take him to see the movie. I personally thought the highlight was the mean older brother - he was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3881383;
    I rented it from the library. Seems to be in every local library in the nation, as its such a classic.
    One of my favorite movies of all time.
    Ditto that. My favourite Bette Davis movie. I went through a Davis fangirl period about 20 years ago and used to stay up late to tape her movies when they came on late-night TV.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Pandorum with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster, a really weird movie

This weekend I watched a made for TV movie called You Don't Know Jack. It was kind of a bio-pic about Dr. Jack Kavorkian. I had no idea that he had 'helped' so many. (helped is in quotes because that's the way I see it but may not be the way you see it) It was very interesting. Jack was Al Pacino, his right hand man was John Goodman and his very dear friend was Susan Sarandon (looking very matronly) I enjoyed it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3896531;
    This weekend I watched a made for TV movie called You Don't Know Jack. It was kind of a bio-pic about Dr. Jack Kavorkian. I had no idea that he had 'helped' so many. (helped is in quotes because that's the way I see it but may not be the way you see it) It was very interesting. Jack was Al Pacino, his right hand man was John Goodman and his very dear friend was Susan Sarandon (looking very matronly) I enjoyed it.
    I saw a promo for that and it looked really interesting. Do you remember what cable network it was shown on?

I think it was on HBO... so it will probably be on many more times this month
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread