+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 167 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Watched The Proposal this morning, it was cute and funny. The funniest part for me was when Sandra was doing her tribal chant in the woods with Betty White.

I just saw the Proposal and I guess I expected more.
    I thought it was pretty bad. happen to like Sandra Bullock a lot. I think neither she nor Betty White could save this movie.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw The Ghost Writer tonight. The acting was great, the plot had some difficulties (especially the ending), but the biggest problem I had was the dubbing of the swear words to lesser versions to get the PG-13 rating. It was obvious and distracting.

Went to see Alice in Wonderland with the kids. I really enjoyed it a lot! I always love the Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bohnam-Carter combo. Was pleasantly surprised that I liked Alice so much, and also when Alan Rickman's voice showed up as the Blue Caterpillar!

I just watched Tron for the first time yesterday, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it!

I didn't even realize it was Jeff Bridges as Flynn until I looked at the cast list lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3864929;
    Went to see Alice in Wonderland with the kids. I really enjoyed it a lot! I always love the Tim Burton-Johnny Depp-Helena Bohnam-Carter combo. Was pleasantly surprised that I liked Alice so much, and also when Alan Rickman's voice showed up as the Blue Caterpillar!
    I didn't like it as much as I thought it would, though I was tickled when I heard Alan Rickman's voice as the Blue Caterpillar. Normally I love Johnny, but his performance did nothing for me this time around. Helena Bonham Carter, though, was fabulous as the Red Queen. That giant head was hysterical, too, it should have gotten it's own credit at the end.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Went over the weekend to see "Date Night" with Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. My husband and stepdaughter (19) went also and we all absolutely loved it....hilarious!!! Best part was when the car they stole got locked up with a cab, the cab driver was sooo funny!! Of course, a lot of the movie was pure fluff, with William Fichtner and one of the bad guys from "Goodfellas" (his name completely escapes me) in the supposedly bad guy roles that weren't so tough and bad and pretty generic situations and all. Great cameos/small parts by Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco and others.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3876145;
    Went over the weekend to see "Date Night" with Tina Fey and Steve Carrell. My husband and stepdaughter (19) went also and we all absolutely loved it....hilarious!!! Best part was when the car they stole got locked up with a cab, the cab driver was sooo funny!! Of course, a lot of the movie was pure fluff, with William Fichtner and one of the bad guys from "Goodfellas" (his name completely escapes me) in the supposedly bad guy roles that weren't so tough and bad and pretty generic situations and all. Great cameos/small parts by Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco and others.
    I watched Date Night today and really enjouyed it a lot. The guy from Goodfellas is Ray Liotta, who plays Joe Miletto in this movie (for some reason imdb is not listing him, weird). All of the cameos were great and I agree the cab driver was wonderful. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and very funny movie! Although I was hoping we would get to see what their final babysitting bill turned out to be!

Watched All About Eve with Bette Davis the other night. I had been switching channels and Bette Davis had caught my eye. So I decided to watch a few minutes of it to see if I liked it, and I did. I stayed up til 2 in the morning watching that movie. I hope it comes on again or maybe I'll just have to rent it to see the beginning of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3881072;
    Watched All About Eve with Bette Davis the other night. I had been switching channels and Bette Davis had caught my eye. So I decided to watch a few minutes of it to see if I liked it, and I did. I stayed up til 2 in the morning watching that movie. I hope it comes on again or maybe I'll just have to rent it to see the beginning of the movie.
    I rented it from the library. Seems to be in every local library in the nation, as its such a classic.
    One of my favorite movies of all time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread