+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Julie & Julia ; It was good, I enjoyed it. I came into it to watch Meryl Streep, but I ended up loving Amy Adams's character. But Amy's acting wasn't all that special. It's not like she was bad, cause she wasn't. Just nothing award-worthy, unlike her past work. Meryl, on the other hand, deserves all the accolades that she's getting. I watched Julia Child, not Meryl Streep.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Dummy, with Adrien Brody. It was a little weird but funny at the same time.

Halloween 2, Rob Zombie version. Just weird! Originals are so much better.

greaes

I took a movie marathon in the movie theather today. Don't worry, I was good and bought a ticket to each showing.

Day started at 11 am with Valentine's Day. I already made a thread about this one, but yeah, I definitely enjoyed this one. The most adorable story was about Edgar and Estelle.

The next showing was of Dear John, at 1:35. My friends cried... and I laughed at them. I know, I'm cruel. But the particular scene that they cried during was sad. As for the movie altogether, it was pretty good. I liked The Notebook better though.

My third and last movie was at 3:25, and that was Crazy Heart. My friends didn't want to watch it with me, so I went into this one alone. DJ ran a little later than I expected, so I was about 10 minutes late coming into this one. But I didn't miss much though; I was able to understand everything within 5 minutes. Jeff Bridges was great, and so was Maggie. The story was touching at times, a little frustrating during others, since you just want to shake Jeff's character and tell him to snap out of it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

We went to see Sherlock Holmes yesterday...I've never seen Robert Downey Jr turn in a bad performance and this was no exception. I think this movie is getting lost among Avatar and Dear John and the like, and it doesn't deserve to be overlooked. I've never liked Jude Law but his Watson was an excellent foil to Downey's manic Holmes. Definitely recommended.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The Virgin Suicides - Odd movie. I was left not really knowing what was going on with the girls that we didn't know about. However, since the movie was from the point of view of one of the neighborhood boys, maybe that was the point.

Cirque du freak - The Vampire's assistant. - I can see it was probably aimed at more of a tween age, but I liked it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The Ugly Truth, funny but predictable ending

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3845418;
    The Ugly Truth, funny but predictable ending
    We just watched this this weekend and I liked it more than I thought I would. Lots of funny parts that both my husband and I laughed at.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I went to an Alice in Wonderland midnight showing, and then tonight I am going to Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Hopefully next week I can go see My Name Is Khan...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread