+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

MRD

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Almost Famous. I LOVE that movie. I think the scene in the airplane is probably one of the funniest.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The Davinci Code: Very good. I can see where all the contraversy came from.
    End of Days: I enjoy this every time I see it, however, I still hate the ending!
    The Crow II: I love these movies!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Last night I watched "The Game Plan" with The Rock, or Dwyane Johnson (not sure which name he uses these days). I thought it was a cute movie. He's actually a pretty good comedic actor and the little girl in it was adorable.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3161743;
    Last night I watched "The Game Plan" with The Rock, or Dwyane Johnson (not sure which name he uses these days). I thought it was a cute movie. He's actually a pretty good comedic actor and the little girl in it was adorable.
    Game Plan was the final movie in which Dwayne Johnson used "The Rock" from now on, all his movies will have him listed simply as Dwayne Johnson.
    I saw that movie in the theater and the chemistry he had with that little girl was incredible. You kept thinking that it was his daughter in real life (in reality he does have a little girl named Simone who will be 7 on Thursday). My heart broke when he was sitting alone in his house after she left and they did a close shot of his face with one tear trailing down his cheek.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

He's really surprised me as an actor. I think, while he doesn't have range, he's a lot better than other 'celebrities' who've crossed over into acting. He's done a great job creating a niche for himself in the industry. I'd take him over Paris Hilton any day!!

Went to see Pineapple Express today. Hilarious. Though Mr. Rattus and I were the only people laughing in the theatre, it seems. And James Franco was absolutely spot on in his role. I've always enjoyed him, but this role was his piece de resistance (and at such an early age).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Saw Tropic Thunder yesterday and Pineapple Express today. Of the two Pineapple Express was funnier but they were both entertaining.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I'm watching Goldeneye, having me wondering once again why Pierce Bronson's stint as 007 was as brief as it was. Given another couple of flicks under his belt, I'd probably start arguing with myself over who was the best Bond, him or Sean Connery.

I finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight in IMAX today. Phenominal! And what a talent we lost with Heath's death... I'm on vacation all week and plan on doing a bunch of catch-up. Mama Mia, Tropic Thunder and Get Smart are all on the list. I'll admit to wanting to be a spy like 99 when I was a little kid But I wanted the shoe phone too!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Watched Lars and the Real Girl last night. I knew it was going to be quirky so it was enjoyable as is. I had to laugh though that even
    Click to see Spoiler:
    blow-up doll's aren't safe when men are tired of them. When he decided he might be interested in the girl from work, and since he would never "cheat" on Bianca, he just killed her off . I was convinced he was holding on to Bianca until the SIL safely had her baby since I think being scared about her dying like his mother did was part of his anti-social behavior. But I guess he just needed the doll to have something to say good-bye to since he didn't get that chance with his mother. There was a lot of interesting psychology to his story. However if I was the girl from work, I'd still consider him too much damaged goods. But she was a bit wacky herself. I also loved how the whole town rallied around the family and found things for Bianca to do. She had a busier schedule than I do!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread