+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3718876;
    Revolutionary Road. Brilliant acting, esp. on the part of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio.
    But, this has got to be 1 of the most depressing movies ever. Talk about......lives of quiet desperation........
    Did you read the book? I was blown away by how perfectly DiCaprio and Winslet captured the Wheelers. This movie didn't get the attention it deserved, based on their performances.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

LT1

Paranormal Activity. Dont believe the hype

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3719542;
    Did you read the book? I was blown away by how perfectly DiCaprio and Winslet captured the Wheelers. This movie didn't get the attention it deserved, based on their performances.
    I did not read the book. It must have been something.
    Each of them was brilliant and, after seeing The Reader over the wekend, I can say that Winslet much deserved her Oscar.
    AJane, do you remember what her character's first name was in RR? It stumped me the other night. Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3725583;
    I did not read the book. It must have been something.
    Each of them was brilliant and, after seeing The Reader over the wekend, I can say that Winslet much deserved her Oscar.
    AJane, do you remember what her character's first name was in RR? It stumped me the other night. Thanks
    Oh, I want to see The Reader...I read the book after Revolutionary Road.

Winslet's character in RR was April Wheeler.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3725693;
    Oh, I want to see The Reader...I read the book after Revolutionary Road.

Winslet's character in RR was April Wheeler.
    Bless you for that.

Let me know what you think after you see the Reader.
    I hadn't read either book, but I thought both movies were way above average.

Doubt, from a DVD from the library. Usually I prefer comedies, but I try to watch the Oscar nominees. This film was extraordinary, so strong in every way. Love Meryl Streep!

Well it wasn't today, but on Saturday my stepdaughter and I went to see "Fame", based on the 80's television program. It was fairly good, I love to see the kids grow in their chosen art - singing, dancing, playing an instrument. And Debbie Allen played the head of the school, she was the dance teacher in the t.v. version. It also boasts a great supporting cast with Kelsey Grammar, Megan Mullvaley(sp) (pill popping Karen from Will and Grace), Charles Dutton, Bebe Neuwirth. (I kept waiting for Grammar and Neuwirth to have a scene together so I could see her call him Frasier in that slighly condescending way her character Lilith used to do on Cheers - but alas, no shared scenes!) All these folks have mad talent!

To be honest, although we both thought the overall movie was good, it was a little disjointed with some random musical/solo parts thrown in. I kind of feel the best parts were shown in the previews over the last month or so. And stepdaughter and I were the ONLY two in the theater at a 4:30 showing, so that would appear to be an "uh oh" for the success of the film.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3727726;
    Well it wasn't today, but on Saturday my stepdaughter and I went to see "Fame", based on the 80's television program. It was fairly good, I love to see the kids grow in their chosen art - singing, dancing, playing an instrument. And Debbie Allen played the head of the school, she was the dance teacher in the t.v. version. It also boasts a great supporting cast with Kelsey Grammar, Megan Mullvaley(sp) (pill popping Karen from Will and Grace), Charles Dutton, Bebe Neuwirth. (I kept waiting for Grammar and Neuwirth to have a scene together so I could see her call him Frasier in that slighly condescending way her character Lilith used to do on Cheers - but alas, no shared scenes!) All these folks have mad talent!

To be honest, although we both thought the overall movie was good, it was a little disjointed with some random musical/solo parts thrown in. I kind of feel the best parts were shown in the previews over the last month or so. And stepdaughter and I were the ONLY two in the theater at a 4:30 showing, so that would appear to be an "uh oh" for the success of the film.
    THe film is actually based on the original film that was in theaters - I think back in the 80's. The original was excellent and a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by LT1;3725558;
    Paranormal Activity. Dont believe the hype
    Before today, I have heard no hype, so not sure exactly what this movie is supposed to be about, besides ghosts and hauntings. However, I overheard my secretary telling someone else that her 17 year old son went to see the movie and it scared the beejeezus out of him. I was going to look up some more info, would you just give me the highlights (or lowlights, if it isn't all that great)? Thanks...
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3727746;
    THe film is actually based on the original film that was in theaters - I think back in the 80's. The original was excellent and a classic.
    I didn't realize there was a film before the series...who was in it?

+ Reply to Thread